|~|Chapter 5: Sam's Game|~|

Grian opened the gate of the school, shivering at the building shadow over him, the building was decayed as well as the pavement everything just looked dead.
Grian took a deep breath and walked back into the grounds, the grounds where it all began.
. . .
Approaching the main doors, he saw another envelope taped to the door, Grian tore it off and opened it.

Welcome To The Reunion Party!
Please make your way to the gym
and meet your old friends!

Grian grits his teeth, he scrunched up the paper and stormed inside the building.

~

Grian coughed, looking at his decayed high-school, dust, mold and whatever the hell is growing around here.
Grian shook his head, running down the hall to the gym to find if someone is messing with him or Sam really was back and it wasn't just someone messing with him.

~

Grian pushed open the gym, cringing as he heard the doors barely open as he managed to slip in.
"W-Who's There. . .?"
Grian turned, seeing in the middle of the gym was Mumbo tied to a chair, blindfolded,"Mumbo!", Grian ran to Mumbo, closer he could see Mumbo had brusies, open wounds and cuts, Grian untied the blindfold,"Mumbo, I'm so sorry you weren't ever supposed to get involved in this. . .!", Mumbo was confused,"Wha?. . . What are you talking about it?", Grian got on to the ropes,"I'll explain later, we need to get you out of here.", Grian struggled, they were tight but kept trying.
"Not. So. Fast."
Grian froze, feeling a blade at his neck, he sighed heavily and held his hands up, letting himself get pushed back from Mumbo.
"Long time no see, Grian."
Grian was met with a face he never wanted to see again.
"Sam."
Sam smiled,"So, you do remember me?", Sam looked almost the exact same, but his eyes were wild and he looked like he hadn't seen the sun in years.
Grian glared,"What. Are you doing Sam, why did you do this to Mumbo when he has nothing to do with what happened!", Sam smiled,"I know, but he did once I saw him.", Sam walked to Mumbo, slowly as he played with the blade of his knife,"See; it took me a while to find you, Grian. When I did, I was uh, well, quite hurt to see you have replaced me with this man.", Sam tapping the blade on Mumbo's shoulder, Grian tensed up,"Replaced you. I told you the moment you were arrested that I never wanted anything to do with you!", Sam held up his knife,"I wouldn't raise your voice at the man with a knife.", Grian clutched his fist and grits his teeth,"Waht do you want, you've taken enough people from me.", Sam smiled,"Well, it is a reunion is it not? I thought, why not introduce your replacement of me to our old game.", Grian immediately shook his head,"No!-", only to freeze as Sam held the knife at Mumbo's neck,"Here's how we'll play; If you can survive 1 hour of hide and seek, I'll let you and your replacement go, but if I catch you not only will you stay with me.", Sam pressed the blade harder against Mumbo's neck,"But you can guess what will happen to him.", Grian took a deep breath,"Grain-", "Mumbo, you and I will be fine.", Sam smiled and removed the knife from his neck,"I'll count to 60. So be ready.", Grian gave Mumbo a smile of reassurance before running to win.
. . .
Sam chuckled,"If he does lose, I'll needing that information from you to hand to my. . . Partners.", Mumbo looked away,"No matter what you do to me, I'll never say jack.", Sam chuckled, dragging the knife and creating a new cut on Mumbo's face.
"Let's see how long you stand by it."

=

"Grian?"

"The Cashier said to check here. . ."