|~|Chapter 7: An Explanation|~|

Finally they were back to Hermitcraft, others were worried as heck when they saw Mumbo's state but himself and Grian said that he just needed rest.

~

Grian and Mumbo sat beside one another in the Hobbit Tunnel in silence, they didn't know what to say or ask, Grian sighed,"I'm sorry you got roped into that. . .", Mumbo looked at him,"You. . . You and the others were never supposed to get involved with. . . Him.", Mumbo turned to face him more,"Grian, who. . . Who was that, why did he. . .??", Grian sighed,"I didn't want to tell you or the others, but. . . That was Sam.", Mumbo nods,"Sam?", "Sam, he and I use to go to the same High School, YHS, we were close with. . . Another friend.", Grian sighed, rubbing his eyes,"I uh. . . Sam began to act weird, he was being toxic towards me, stalking girls and. . . And later he was arrested for murder.", Mumbo stared in shock, Grain fought back tears,"After he was arrested, I ran away. . . I didn't want to hear anything from Sam or about home since that day. . .", Grian rested his head in his hand,"I didn't want to tell any of you about my past, worried that I'd worry you and I didn't think Sam would break out and find me. . . I'm so sorry Mumbo, I never meant for you to be roped into this.", Grian was surprised that Mumbo just patted him on the shoulder, smiling,"Look, you didn't want us to worry and it wouldn't have been our business to begin with. I'm glad you told me, and I'm thankful you saved me.", Grian smiled, hugged Mumbo,"Thanks Mate.", Grain though still had to ask,"Though, what did Sam do or ask you?", "I honestly, don't know. . . But he kept asking about Watchers, Listeners and The Moon. For some reason.", Grian tensed at the mention of those groups and the moon,"Well, Watchers I heard of but not Listeners and the only trouble we had with the moon was when it turned red and it made a few of us go mad.", Mumbo nods, remembering that all too well.

=

"They took the bait. Their location has been exposed."

"Excellent."