|~|Chapter 13: The Rift?|~|

Xisuma returned and was immediately filled in, once hearing the description he ran to the room they built in worry.

~

"You guys okay?!"
Grian hugged Xisuma as he entered, Iskall stood up, Scar was asleep and Doc was sort of.  . . Out due to trying to process the possible info he was getting from that scan.
"We're okay, we managed to catch one.","Is Doc okay?", Iskall nods,"I'm making sure his system doesn't run into any technical issue will gathering data, this may be our chance to get more answers and defeat these things.", Xisuma nods, him and Grian approached the Listener who was motionless, but a quick kick to the chair made them look up,"You, had a lot of nerve to appear here. What were you doing spying on us.", it didn't reply, Grian spoke up,"How did you get here. If you're not going to answer the last one.", it still said nothing, Xisuma sighed and then pulled out Etho's music box,"Start talking or I'm playing this.", it looked at the box, at Xisuma and then at Grian before looking at the wall with a probably blank stare.
. . .
"The Rift. . ."
They froze. The Listener was very quiet and that was the first it spoke English!
Guess it was really afraid of the music box.

"The Rift?", it nods, "The Rift. . . A rip through worlds. . .", Grian looked at Iskall,"Do you think the Rift is some kind of gate way to other worlds? Like how we portal hop to different seasons?", Iskall shrugged,"Possible. But there is also the possibility of The Rift having to do with the timelines but at this point: It could be all combined.", Grian nods, he turns to Xisuma,"You guys continue asking questions, I'll check out the Rift.", "Be safe.", Grian nods, with a quick switch he had his parrot wings and he flew out.
"Looks like he's back to being a shortie."
"Yeah, but he's glad to have his parrot wings."

=

Grian skid down and into the cave, they sealed it off from the others for safety hazards and now he was going back to check out what the heck it is.
He then saw the Rift, it was like this beautiful purple colour but also had this strange sound to it, like it was a generator, maybe it was gaining power?
It is spreading a bit. . .
Grian got a little closer up to it, peering into it, it was like a one-sided glass.
. . .
Grian looked it, touching it and it definitely something like a portal as the tips of his fingers went right through.
"What is this. . .?"
"!"
His eyes were covered by hands, startled he tried to grab them and pulled them from his eyes but they. . .weren't there anymore?
No one was behind him, but  in he reflected of the Rift. . .
. . .
It was A Watcher.
Grian felt his heart stop, as the Watcher raised his hand.
✂✋. ✌💣. 👍⚐💣✋☠☝. ☞⚐☼. ✡⚐🕆.✂
Grian watched his reflection in the rift of his true appearance, his true wings and eyes, he shut his eyes and ran not daring to look back for a second!
"Grian!?"
Grian ran into Pearl and Mumbo,"Are you okay?!", "Your in your old skin, what happened?!", Grian just hugged them,"I got scared by The Rift. . . I'm sorry. . .", Mumbo and Pearl hugged back,"Why did you go down there.  . .?", "I just had to check if it was spreading. . .", Grian left out a lot, just melting into the hug and glad to be safe from his past.
. . .
For now.

=

"Doc?!"
Doc woke,"Huh?", "Oh thank god, I thought you malfunction!", Doc stood up, disconnecting himself from the laptop,"No, I am alright. Did the scan crash?", "No, it nearly did but we downloaded as much as we could off you before it could damage anything in your system or the little part that is human of you.", Doc nods, turning gto the tied up figure,"So, plan with this? We can turn it into a weapon.", "No Doc.", Xisuma looked at him,"This one is too dangerous to work with, even though you're experienced this isn't something in our. . . Knowledge.", Doc frowned in worry of that, he's faced many things and experimented with dangerous entities and Creatures, so what makes this creature different?