|~|Chapter 17: Fear Of The Truth|~|

Grian lay on the floor of his library, he was tired from reading but he had work to do, so he crawled towards his office chair and climbed back on the chair.
He opened the sever code and saw many code, messages and information about the Season or who joins during the day for how long or when they leave.
. . .
The Grian saw it.
It was small and probably went unnoticed by Xisuma, but there was a small tear in the code of someone getting in the server who had no permission or had not been given an invite.
. . .
"It has to be Sam."
"Definitely."
Grian jumped and turned, only to relax seeing Tauris,"Oh. . . It's just you.", Tauris nods,"Yeah, it's me.", Grian turned back to his work,"What are you working on? Something happen.", Grian looked at Tauris,"Getting my revenge. Sam thinks he can waltz right back into my life and ruin it a second time, this time I'm not going to spare his life and just hope he's taken back in the mental hospital.", Tauris watched Grian get up in anger,"Do your new friends know? I mean, Watchers and Listeners are after you.", Grian turned to him,"I'm going to tell the truth.", "Really. Are you going to tell them the truth.", Grian glared at him,"I'm not gonna lie anymore!", Tauris knew what Grian was talking about, but Grian wouldn't have the guts to tell the truth.
"What about Mumbo? How would he react to the truth?"
. . .
Grian looked at Tauris,"I. . . He'll understand.", "Right.", "Yeah, he'll understand because he's my friend and he trusts me.", Tauris turned to him,"Expect you didn't mention to him, that everything you ever told him about yourself or your past; It's all been one big fucking lie, did you?", Grian didn't have a response because, he admittedly lied to Mumbo and the others in order to keep his past a secret, not many lies about school because he knew he would have to talk about it eventually but he did a lot to get the whole Watcher connection off him.
"No, you left that part out!"
. . .
"So then. . . If I did tell them the truth."
. . .
"They'll hate you."
Grian shook his head,"No, no, no. Maybe they'll understand, they can understand why I lied-", "Everyone will hate you and hunt you.", this turned in a fight with Tauris on the negative side and Grian trying to justify his lies.
"Grian, your eyes are turning purple."
Grian turned away, not wanting to listen to Tauris's words.
"You think you're just going to turn around and just tell them the truth."
. . .
Grian turned back and saw him gone, he sighed to himself, Tauris was right he didn't have the guts to walk to them and tell them the truth, where would he even begin to tell the truth?
. . .
"Hey, Grian. The robot thing Mumbo has wants to talk to you."
Grian felt like someone stabbed him,"His name is Grumbot, you git!", Grian fell up to meet with Mumbo.

=

Grian was so happy,"He missed me.", "Well, he does see us both as parents for some unknown reason.", Grian shrugged,"I'm not complaining.", "Also, how did you change your height. . .??", Grian turned to Mumbo,"Boots and illusion tricks.", Mumbo faceplammed,"Of course.", "Haha! I had fun fooling you into thinking I grew but in reality I'm still short.", Mumbo laughed, Grian could see Tauris giving me the 'I Told You So' face but I ignore him as I let Mumbo laugh about my height and me wishing I could have kept pretending to be tall.