|~|Chapter 9: Star Gazing|~|

"GET IT!! PICK IT UP!"
Cleo laughed, finally giving Iskall some peace, she picked up her pet snake,"That thing is vial!", "Shush ya baby, it's just a baby rattlesnake. They don't hate humans, but one wrong move and they will bite you, and they don't mean too because they'll rattle their tail as a warning to not step on them if you do then they use self defence.", Doc hummed,"Fascinating fact on snakes.", "More like terrifying.", Iskall got down from his desk as Cleo put him back in it's cage or tank.
"Well, Cleo you can bring it but you have to promise not to take it out because last we want is to wake up with a snake missing.", Cleo grumbled at Joe's condition, but she didn't have a choice,"Fine. You're no fun.", she went off to prepare for the camping night.
Pearl came over,"Why do you two always fight?", "She uh, well she is a Zombie but I think it's because I defend Villages, so there may be a chance she thinks I'm associated with Iron Golems.", Pearl was surprised,"But, You're not.", "Exactly but Cleo doesn't get it.", Pearl shrugged, guess Cleo will learn some day.

~

"Okay, so we need to flat land here to be lit up to not have mobs spawn on us and a fence around the came site."
Grian, Etho, Mumbo and Scar were sitting up the camp site, well Mumbo was setting up a telescope for the star gazing with Etho helping him and periodically butting heads.
Grian and Scar set up the fence and torches around them and installed a gate,"Perfect, now I think Beef would be bringing the tents. . .", "Over here!", Beef ran over, hopping the fence with a few bags,"Here are their tents, they told me to get them down while they grab a few more things. Hey, Etho mind helping me with tents?", Etho walked over,"Sure, why not.", he took a few bags and him and Beef were off to set up the tents.

~

"We have arrived!"
Grian smiled,"Welcome to those that were able to come! Hopefully we can have a nice relaxing camping trip and tomorrow we can go back to our usual schedule.", Cleo smiled as she skipped to her tent and immediately put her snake tank inside her tent, Iskall looked over at Grian,"Please don't let my tent be next to her.", "Don't worry, yours is by Beef's.", Iskall sighed sighed relief as he walked to his tent.
As the others put their stuff in their tents and got talking about the future of season 9, also Doc talking about The Earth Eater which made Pearl go to Iskall, shaking him to fix the Hybird/robot to not be a sociopath.
"Oh, Etho."
Etho looked up,"Oh, Xisuma. Been a while, what can I help you with?", Xisuma walked over,"Oh nothing, just as I was heading up I brought your music box as you never leave without it.", he pulled out a small brown box and held it out to Etho,  who was surprised,"Oh, thank you. I didn't know if I should bring it in risk of losing it, damaging it or just breaking it.", Xisuma smiled, patting him on the shoulder,"No worries, no one will steal it as long it's in your tent.", Etho shrugs, he was happy that Xisuma brought it and just prayed that it wouldn't be stolen so Etho put the box in his tent and joined the others.

=

That night, they all sat out at night and watched the stars.
Doc choose the night due to his research and it was clear skies and you could see a shooting star or two, which Scar and Pearl loved as they thought over to telescope silently and making Mumbo wish he brought up more.
The moon was also nice, though safe to say some were more excited about the stars because last time people liked the moon it lead to an unwanted experience they would not like to relive.
Grian was just happy for the night of relaxation, besides the pain he had in his back or shoulders, it was getting unbearable so he stood up and hopped the fence, saying he's gotta get something real quick and would be back in a bit.

~

Grian inspected his wings, they seemed fine but every time he moved them they felt stiff as hell and sometimes he could hear a crack of a bone in them.
"This is why you need to stretchyour wings."
Grian jumped and was scared for a moment but was relieved that it was just Iskall,"Oh, it's just you. . .", Iskall nods, he walked over,"You can't keep your wings hidden forever anymore, because they were so use to being hidden when you did take them out they weren't prepared or use to it.", Grian groaned, he did everything to avoid having to associate himself with his Watcher side,"I can't. . . What if the others see me.", "Not every night, Grian. Just go out at night and fly around, give your wings time to stretch.", Grian hated the idea but he didn't want to deal with the pain or the wings, then he got smacked in the face by his own wing.
Iskall couldn't help but laugh, as Grian lowered his wing.

~

They came back to the camp site to see everyone talking or half asleep, some telling scary stories specifically Doc was and now Cleo was holding Pearl in fear of this hybird/robot.
Grian retook his seat,"You good, mate?", "Yep, just had a bit of back pain so I got some painkillers.", Mumbo nods, then he leaned over to Grian,"Also, why do people think I'm the Leader of the You Know What?", Grian smirked,"Best to throw people of the trial and besides, I personally think you'd be a great leader or even a mayor.", Mumbo stared at him, Grian laughed as Mumbo shook his head wondering how Grian keeps doing this.

=

Finally they were all asleep.
Or in some cases powered off, the fire was still going because of the netherrack but it wasn't near the tents or anything flammable so they were at a safe distance.
Then the gate creaked open, and stepped into the camp site was someone in a long black robe, no way of seeing if it was a human or not.
It glanced around the small camp site, like it was searching for a target and it found it immediately.
It also approached Grian's tent, careful to not wake the other Hermits even though some of them look dead asleep like Scar with the droll.
They pulled or a knife, kneeling down and positioned the knife at Grian's throat, prepared to get the job finished quickly and quietly-
. . .
Pings of a music box.
They dropped the Dagger and covered their head or ears, the music continued as it backed away from Grian as it continued to hold it's head or ears.
Eventually it made a portal appear, that was in a Shape of an ear and disappearing into the portal.
The music continued till a hand closer the box gently, Xisuma was surprised of the findings because Listeners are known to be able to withstand loud nosies up to speaks, nucks and who knows what else so why a music box?
Slowly, he put it back in Etho's tent to not wake him, because he was a light sleeper and his brian just decides what will disturb his sleep.
Once he put it back and made sure Etho didn't wake up, he wrote his findings in a notebook and went to sleep for real this time.