4

How the fuck did I end up here?

Basketball House sits in front of me. I wholeheartedly don't even want to walk in.

When Sanders invited me to this party during practice I honestly thought it was a joke. I don't even know why he did it. I am half thinking this is a setup and half thinking maybe he is being nice. 

I'm surprised Sanders even invited me to the party, even though I'm pretty sure he did it because he felt bad. I don't even know why I am here but my feet carry me up the steps. I spot one of the freshmen standing at the front of the door talking to a leggy brunette. Just by his stance you can tell he is a man on a mission and the brunette is into it. I think his name is Chris but fuck if I know, none of them talk to me anyways.

The music is blasting and the lights are changing colors through the window. I slide easily past what's his face and into the party. I am met with heat and damp air. The place is packed to the brim with people. One half of the party has people dancing, the other half are up against walls and playing pong. I catch a glance of someone walking into a door and catch it. I step into a packed kitchen. There's a keg and various amounts of liquor on the counter with mixers.

I lean against the back counter and let out a breath. I'm surprised no one has commented on my arrival. In all honesty, I'm surprised the kid at the front didn't say anything. If he was put there by the owner of this house then he would have for sure kicked me out before I even stepped foot in here.

The door to the kitchen opens again and I see the telling blonde hair of my teammate.

"Hey bro," Sanders says dapping me up. I glance around the crowded kitchen.

"What's up," I say leaning back against the counter. Sanders smirks and motions around to look at the party.

"Parties active tonight. Have a beer," Sanders says sliding me a can of Miller Lite. I take it from him cracking it open.

"I can tell, also you might need a new doorman. Kid didn't even look up when I walked in," I tell him as he lets out a loud laugh. He shakes out his blonde hair rolling his eyes.

"Why wouldn't you have been let in?" he asks drinking from his red Solo cup. I give him a questioning look. The fuck does he mean? The owner of this house hates my guts. Sanders waves a hand, "Braden will get over it."

"Yeah fucking right," I mumble glancing back at the doors. My head is at a swivel. I don't know who is going to come in here next. I curse underneath my breath. Carter Miller walks through the kitchen bouncing towards the two of us, clearly unaware of the fact that I am standing besides Sanders. I have time to completely avoid this situation but honestly, the fuck is this 5'2 brunette going to do? Carter finally meets my eyes and she skids to a stop. Her red drink spilling over her hand.

"Miller!" Sanders says grabbing her arm. She stumbles into Sanders side still staring at me. I know she's pissed off still from what my brother did last year. And probably hates me because her boyfriend hates my brother.