20

PART II

PART II

Everyone is freaking out. We are currently locked in Carter and I's bathroom. Lacey and Julie are consoling Rae while Carter and I are trying to get into contact with Trey or Asher. Rae is hysterical and I don't think I have ever seen her like this. She has always been so put together and never let anyone see how she really is feeling. I guess she can thank her high profile dad for that but right now? She's way past a mess which is understandable. Robbie and Rae made this friend group what it is and encouraged Carter and Asher to even happen.

"I should have just shut the fuck up," Carter grumbles pressing her phone to her ear. She perks up, "Hey Babe."

"Rae, deep breaths and tell us what happen," Lacey says, sitting Rae down on the toilet seat. Carter glances at me with wide eyes. I hand Rae a tissue as whips underneath her eyes.

"Does the name Rayna sound familiar to anyone," Carter asks glancing at Rae. The comment only makes Rae cry harder and earn Carter a smack from Lacey. "Jesus! Ow! Sorry Rae I-"

She stops as she listens to Asher again.

"Wait a damn minute isn't Rayna that model that Robbie was caught walking out of-" Julie cuts herself off. My stomach really drops to my ass now. About a couple weeks back, there was this article of this girl Rayna and Robbie walking out a club. Rae confronted Robbie about it and he said he was covering one of his teammates ass because he has a girlfriend. While yes Robbie did not do anything with the girl Rae freaked out because Robbie also has a girlfriend. A well known one at that. She was upset he even agreed to do it in the first place.

I hear Asher's voice raise a bit and Carter's eyes narrow, "Do not raise your voice at me, asshole."

"Uh Carter," I say clearing my throat. She glances at Rae and sighs.

"Bye, I love you," Carter says in a rushed tone. She hangs up the phone and chews on her thumbnail.

Rae inhales deeply and sighs, "I told him I needed a break because of everything that has happened. Robbie is not going to walk all over me and continuously be caught with a new girl coming out of a club. Yes he says nothing has happened and that Asher has said that but I'm fucking over worrying what he's doing. Even if he is with his stupid new teammates and bonding do you know how fucking stupid I look?"

Us girls are silent.

Rae had mentioned the Rayna girl before but not the multiple girls. I didn't even know it was that bad.

"I mean Carter, Asher goes to clubs and shit but never has walked out of the club with a girl. Literally never. Robbie is so far away, he's in freaking Los Angeles for God sake. I need a minute from him," Rae explains. We nod our heads in understanding as Carter finally speaks up.

"Raelyn, you need to do what you think it's best. Friend group or not, you need to do what you need to do. I will still beat Rob's ass friend or not," Carter says, crossing her arms over her chest. I feel like Carter's words have a double meaning. Rae lets out a small laugh but I can tell she's still upset. Carter's face turns serious again and she drops her hands to her lap, "In all seriousness, maybe this is good for you two. I know you'll find your way back to each other and maybe you two need to figure things out separated for now. If not then you get back together. No one here is going to judge you for that."