15

It's packed in the bar tonight

It's packed in the bar tonight. Everyone is here for the football game this weekend. The girls and I are sitting at our usual high-top table at Darby's. The boys are beside us with the rest of the team. I am heavily drinking tonight. I did my exam today. I passed so now I get to celebrate.

Plus, I'm still a little upset about Jacob.

Well, a little would be an understatement.

His lame ass excuse of a text message made me want to speak to him less. Every guy always says they want to explain.

I didn't cry when I came home but I was pissed. More at myself than anyone else. I almost risked all my friendships for that douchebag. The girls are suspicious though. Carter asked me what was wrong as soon as I came home. I assured her it was nothing but she thought otherwise.

Pretty sure that's why she came out tonight. She's barely been out this semester because she is so swamped with classes. Which makes sense but with how much work she is doing it is a bit odd.

"Tori! Want a shot?" Braden asks, swinging a shot in front of my face. I grab the shot from his hands and inspect it.

"What the hell is this?"

"A peach ring shot," he smiles proudly. I shrug my shoulders and throw back the shot. It tastes pretty good but definitely not the best thing I have ever seen.

"Oh I'll take one," Carter says grabbing one off the tray. Braden raises his eyebrows at her.

"Wow, I haven't seen you this wild since last year," Braden jokes, nudging Carter. She sticks her tongue out at him but laughs.

"We all haven't been out in a while," Jeremy points out. Tonight everyone is out including Rae and Carter. They have been a bit MIA recently but I understand. Carter is just busy and Rae is busy with cheer.

"I know, it feels nice to be back together," Rae says, nodding her head. Carter nods her head in agreement. Sanders sits down beside me and places his beer down.

"Did you know how many freaking people actually like our football team? Shit, I didn't even know we had one," Sanders says. Jeremy and Braden both give him judging looks.

"Sanders, what?" Braden laughs.

"You were literally at one of their parties last year," Jeremy says.

Sanders' blue eyes widen, "Shut up, that was their house? I thought that was baseball!"

We all let out loud laughs. I let my eyes wander around the bar. I glance at the entrance. See this is where everyone makes a mistake. Including myself. Jacob's eyes meet mine and my stomach drops.

I watch Jacob and Kira head over to a few of his teammates at a table close by the door. He daps them up and glances in my direction. I snap my head away from them and towards my friends. I feel sick. I feel all the alcohol sitting in my stomach.