21

I don't even have time to process Tori launching herself off of the couch and flat onto the porch floor

I don't even have time to process Tori launching herself off of the couch and flat onto the porch floor. Julie is yelling her head off at her frantically.

"Get up, get up," she rushes out, slapping Tori's arm. Tori smacks Julie's arm in return as the two of them yell at each other with hushed whispers. The back door opens again and Lacey walks out looking disheveled.

"Tori, what the hell are you doing on the floor?" Lacey explains moving Julie out of the way.

"Oh you know I felt like I needed to be one with the floor," Tori grumbles getting up from the ground. She dusts herself off and I sigh. Her friends really do have impeccable timing. Lacey finally looks at me and her eyebrows furrow. I've been spotted. That's never good. I don't think I've ever been this close to Lacey before thanks to her lovely boyfriend.

"Jacob?"

I clear my throat standing up from the couch, "I was actually just leaving."

Lacey hesitates as she watches me head towards the door.

"Wait."

I pause at the back door and turn back around. My eyes meet Tori's and she looks just as confused as I do while Julie looks a bit concerned. Just what we need is another one of Tori's friends figuring out whatever the hell is going on between us.

"We actually might need your help," Lacey admits.

"What's going on?" Tori takes a step forward. Her arm brushes against mine, igniting warmth that flows from my fingertips to my whole body. I am so annoyed her friends interrupted us, again.

"Why can't you ask your boyfriend and Jeremy?" I ask her. It's not that I don't like Lacey. I don't know her well enough to pass any type of judgment on her. At the same time I have yet to see her make an effort to defend myself or Tori against Braden. And maybe she has but I sure as shit haven't seen it.

"Jacob," Tori scolds.

She narrows her eyes at me, "You're lucky I am even asking."

"Jacob and Lacey pull it the fuck together," Julie snaps at the two of us. "Jacob, can you please help us with Kelly, Rae, and Carter."

"Um why?" Tori asks for me. What the hell could they possibly need my help for-

Before I even finish the thought Carter and Rae tumble, literally tumble, out the back door and smack the ground with a loud thud. The smoke circle next to us all let out loud "damns" as Rae and Carter laugh hysterically as if they didn't just throw themselves onto pure concrete.

"If that doesn't answer your question then I don't know what will," Lacey grumbles grabbing Carter's arm. Julie goes for Rae and the two of them help them up. Tori sighs as Kelly stumbles out of the house.

"Why are you guys running, Jesus? Is anyone spinning?" Kelly says stumbling. I catch her elbow and she whips towards me. It's weird seeing Kelly not put together and having her set schedule. I guess it's not weird, I'm glad she's having fun. "Oh my God Jacob."