[R] to tell or not to tell pt. 4 (finale)

Author's Note

Kindly check my message board for the hint about the upcoming Haewon x Fem! Reader Fanfiction would be about. Let me know if you would want me to proceed with it.

_____

It has been 8 months since you and Sullyoon have broken up. You can say that you have finally moved on from her. Honestly, it took faster than you expected that you would be able to do so. It is probably because of Haewon who has been with you every step of the way.

Haewon has been really caring and sweet towards you over the past few months. Although she always has been, she went above and beyond this time around. She visits you either in your dormitory or in the studio more frequently. She would bring food for you and your bandmates. When you mentioned that you were having a hard time to drift into sleep, she would be standing by your doorstep half an hour after. She would bring your comfort food and eventually sing you to sleep. 

How can you not fall in love with her?

You knew that you already did a little over 3 months since you and Sullyoon broke up. It just took you this long to admit it, since you wanted to make sure of your feelings for her. That is not all about the comfort that she gave you after the pain that you have been through with Sullyoon.

You cannot keep it to yourself anymore.

Tonight, your first concert tour will begin. The first stop is Seoul, of course. Haewon will be attending your concert. You thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to confess to her.

A couple of weeks ago, you worked on a song which was specifically dedicated to Haewon. Eunjoo gladly helped you with the lyrics. After all, she has been rooting for the two of you.

It was not included in the album that your band has recently released. You wanted to keep it unheard somewhere else until tonight.

As of the moment, you and the girls are in the pathway leading to the main stage from backstage. You can hear the fans singing along to one of your songs that was being played in the stadium before the show officially begins. 

You were visibly nervous. You were pacing around the pathway. The leader, drummer, and songwriter of your band, Eunjoo, approached you and tapped your shoulder.

"I know that you are definitely more nervous than everyone else because of one thing that you will be doing tonight." She paused, looking at you knowingly. "But, we all know how much Haewon adores and loves you. Calm down, Y/N."

You heaved a sigh.

"I just couldn't help it."

"Dude, she literally confessed to you months ago. She assured you that she would be waiting for you. Do you really think that she will turn you down? On top of that, seeing how she treats you all this time, I doubt that her feelings for you have ever changed."

With that, you relaxed. 

Shortly after, the five of you received the cue to get ready to go on-stage anytime. The lights in the stadium have dimmed, causing the crowd to cheer more loudly. The opening VCR has been played.

As soon as it ended, the lights remained dimmed as you made your way towards your respective positions. You held onto your keytar, since the initial songs in your setlist would only require the synthesizer. Meanwhile, the crowd went wild upon seeing your silhouettes. You were energized by it. 

Ara began to play the intro of the first song in your setlist using her electric guitar. It was entitled: 'Caution' - you and Eunjoo wrote and produced it. It was mainly talking about the process of developing feelings with someone. 

With that, the stage lights have shone. You cannot help but to beam as you looked at the crowd while you sang to the lyrics of the song. The entire stadium was lighted with the light produced by the lightsticks. The crowd was cheering for all of you and singing along with you.

You pretty much went through your setlist for the half of the show, having small talks with your fans in between 2 to 3 songs. 

Right now, you just finished performing your latest title track. You were standing behind your keyboard, taking off one of your in-ear monitors while panting. By this time, you can hear the cheers from the crowd clearer. You smiled from ear to ear. For a while, you savored the moment. Then, you remembered that it is about time...

You leaned towards your mic and spoke up.

"We were half-through into the show. If you have noticed, we basically narrated a story to all of you. It all started from the moment that you started developing feelings from someone and ended with falling out of love. At this juncture, I would like to introduce you to a different tale..." You locked eyes with Haewon who was standing at the very front row.

"You see... This person taught me a lot about love. How love is patient, how love is understanding, how love is a sacrifice. In fact, she has been the inspiration for most of the songs that Eunjoo and I worked on for our most recent album. I honestly do not know whatever I have done to be loved by someone like her. I could never be thankful enough for having you, Haewon. This song should tell you more about how I feel for you, so buckle up. By the way, this song is unreleased. This is the first time that all of you would ever hear this." 

The crowd began squealing. You put your in-ear monitor back on and began to play the intro of the song that you have written for Haewon. As you sang the lyrics, you kept your eyes on her, gazing at her endearingly. You can see how her eyes were becoming glossy with all the happy tears that were forming on them. She can feel her heart hammering against her chest right now, purely out of bliss.

Even after you finished singing the song, you kept eye contact with her.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting. If given the chance, it is you whom I wanted to be with as I continue on this new tale. Oh Haewon, I love you. Can you be my girlfriend?" 

Haewon bursted into tears, yelling.

"You already know the answer to that, Y/N! Of course, it is a yes!" 

The crowd and your bandmates cheered loudly for the two of you. Meanwhile, you held your fists up in triumph, basically doing the 'yes' gesture. Shortly after, you walked off the stage stairs and rushed to Haewon, embracing her with the railing in between.

"I didn't expect this at all, but I am truly grateful..." She whispered as she wrapped her arms around your neck. She slightly moved from your embrace, so that she can face you. Your faces were only a few centimeters apart, and you can feel her breath fanning against your lips. 

"I love you so much, Y/N." 

With that, she leaned in for a sweet and romantic kiss, letting you feel all her love that she cannot express in words.