END

Epilogue

"She's here again," Elijah interrupted. He briefly look at the opposite direction and I don't need to see who it was to to know he was pertaining to Ms. Torres. Yamot na yamot siyang tumingin sa akin. "Pagod na pagod na akong magpaalis sa babaeng 'yan!"

"It's your job to look out for me, dumbass." I snickered. Enjoying his annoyed expression.

"And it's your job to reject her. Bakit kailangang ako lagi ang nagpapalayas sa babaeng 'yan?" He shook his head and fixed his glasses. "I'm not being paid enough for this."

I raised one eyebrow. "Your salary is enough to buy an island." 

"Pwede bang kagatin ko na lang siya? Para matapos na problema mo." 

I shook my head though it sounds tempting. He continued to rant but my heart suddenly started beating rapidly. The air suddenly smells aromatic and it took me off guard.  My sense of smell heightened and I can already feel my body tensing. What the hell is that?

"Are you okay?" 

"Can you smell that?" I closed my eyes and inhaled the scent. It only grows stronger each second. My nerves are starting to go haywire. My lust for blood is clouding my system.

"Blood? I can smell it everywhere."

But someone is standing out in particular.

Umiling na lang ako bago ko inubos ang laman ng baso ko. "Nevermind. I'm okay."

May lumapit sa akin na isang modelo at nakipag-usap sa akin. Palihim akong lumingon sa gawi ni Ms. Torres ngunit napako ang tingin ko sa katabi niyang babae na nakasuot ng puting bestida. She was frowning, it was obvious that she doesn't want to be here. She keeps her head down, as if she's afraid to look anyone in the eyes.

For some unknown reason, my thirst grows stronger the longer I stare at her.

Napatitig ako sa leeg niya kung saan kita ko ang kanyang ugat. Suddenly, I envisioned my hands wrapped around her small neck as I guide my mouth to bite her flesh. Then she would scream, sounding like music to my ears as she tries to struggle out of my hold. I snapped out of that thought and tear my gaze away from her.

What the hell was that?

"Bakit kailangan mo akong hatakin?! Huy, 'wag mo 'ko idamay! Ikaw na lang!" 

I overheard her grumble. I wasn't expecting her tone. Even when she was complaining, her voice was soft and velvety.

Hindi ko mapigilan ang sarili ko at nilingon ko ulit siya. I observed her once again. Ms. Torres and her has small similarities so I'm guessing they are half-sibling or cousins perhaps. Nawala 'yung atensyon ko sa kausap ko habang nakatitig sa kanya. 

"Yeah sure. Go chase your man." I heard her say before she escaped and made her way to the upper deck.

Interesting.

I excused myself at sinundan ko siya nang patago. I know it's creepy as fuck but I can't resist her blood. It smells so strong and it keeps on drawing me in as if it's seducing me. 

"Get a grip," I mumbled to myself.

I grab a cigarette and lit it but weirdly, it didn't calm me. I can still smell her blood and it was driving me insane. 

Just a drop. The devil spoke inside my mind. 

No. I can't make a scene in front of a large crowd. I tried to control myself by breathing in and out. I hid behind the shadows and just stood there watching the wind blow her soft curls. She was reading a book with a cover depicting a half-naked man.