14) The Knightbus

*Back to the present day*

Harry woke up feeling well rested and his spirits soared when he saw that Hedwig had responses from Ginny, Ron, Hermione and Mr and Mrs Weasley. Harry read the his letters and smiled at the responses he got from Ginny and Molly and Arthur (merlin that felt weird to say). 

Harry decided that he would leave this hell-hole and spend the rest of the summer at the Weasleys, Harry packed his new trunk (he owl ordered it before he went to Diagon alley with moony) before he left the house.

Harry's trunk contained a library able to hold 5000 books, a wardrobe where he could keep all of his robes and muggle clothes, a compartment where he could keep quills, rolls of parchment and potions supplies, a compartment to keep miscellaneous items like his firebolt, cauldron and telescope and finally it had a full on house compartment with a study, a gym, a kitchen/ dining room/ living room, a bathroom, a bedroom and a room where he could read/ train in peace. 

Harry walked to Magnolia Crescent where after carefully checking that no muggles were around he summoned the knight bus.

"Welcome to the knight bus I am your conductor Stan Shunpike how can I be of service?" 

" Can you take me to Ottery St Catchpole Stan?" Harry asked 

"Sure thing, we'll be there in about 2 minutes as you're our only passenger, TAKE HER AWAY ERN" Stan shouted the last part before they disappeared with a bang. 

Two minutes later Harry was looking out onto the village of Ottery St Catchpole. He handed Stan a gallon in thanks before he got off the purple, triple-decker bus. When the bus had disappeared, Harry apparated to the Burrow.

The Burrow stood as it always did: magical, crooked but inviting. Harry walked up to the front door and after taking a deep breath he knocked on the door.