Chapter Twenty-One

Mei's POV:

Miriam took me upstairs, and she just sets me on the bed and sits next to me.

Miriam: It's fine just cry it out.

When she said this, it just made me cry even harder. I don't even know why?!

I sit on the bed, just crying. Crying isn't even strong enough word for it. Full on bawling my eyes out! My eyes are so wet, that it feels like my eye can slip out of its socket!

Miriam: It's okay. It's okay.

Miriam repeats over and over again while rubbing my back.

Mei: Why do you put up with me all the time?

Miriam: Damn. I thought we went over this. Because your my best friend!

Mei: But I'm such a bad person!

Miriam: Mei, you could be a fugitive, and I'd still wanna be ur friend.

Mei still doesn't look convinced by this.

Miriam: If you wanted to run for president I would campaign for you. If you wanted to be an astronaut, I would fly with you! If you wanted to be an influencer, I'd record all your videos. If you wanted to be a bank robber, I'd lie and vouch for you!

Mei: But...

Miriam: I've said it before, and I'll say it again Mei. Your my best friend, and no matter what. I'll always love you.

Mei: Miriam....Thank you so much. I'm so lucky you came into my life. I wouldn't trade you for the world! Your not even worth the world! Your worth the entire Milky Way.

Miriam's POV:

Im so happy to see Mei smile.  There are so many things to live about Mei. The way her dimples show when she smiles.Or her obsession with squish mellows. The thing she does with her eyebrows when she's confused or very focused. The way she loves animals. I'm so lost on thought by this that I don't even feel myself leaning in, until my lips make contact with another pair of lips. Right when that contact happens, I basically leap and jump away.

Miriam: I-i Im so, s-so

I'm not even able to finish my sentence because there is a knock on the door.

"Mei?...Mei? Can we talk .......Please?"