Chapter Thirty-Three

Mei's POV:

I was sitting on a bench just swinging my feet around tryna pass the time. When I hear a car pulling in, and I notice it's Miriam's sister's car.
Fuck.
My heart suddenly started beating, like it wanted to jump out of my rib cage.

I stare at the car for some moments of silence, but then I go and stare at who comes out of the car.

Miriam.

My gay awakening.

I see her walking towards me confidently, but I can tell she's nervous due to her fiddling with her thumbs.

Miriam: So I was thinking you ask me a question, and then I'll answer.

Mei: Um...Okay.

Mei: When did you start liking me?

Miriam: 8th grade.

Mei: How did you know you like me?

Miriam: Like how you never cared about anyones opinions. Or when I see you stand up for a 6th grader.

Mei: Why'd you kiss me?

I can tell this question caught her off guard. But I need to know the answer.

Miriam: Uhh. I don't know. Just the fact that you cried over a boy who doesn't even deserve made me really mad. And it was eating me alive just seeing you cry over him.

She said "him" with so much disgust I could hear the venom dripping off her tounge.

Mei: Why don't you like Robaire?

Miriam just starts laughing at this,

"Are you for real asking me that?"

Mei: I mean yeah I want an answer.

Miriam: Mei your like the smartest kid in the school. But you can't figure this out?

Mei: Answer the damn question.

Miriam: Damn okay. Let's start with ,I don't know, the fact that he had the girl I liked for two years, simping for him while I've been trying to do that for two years.

Mei: The sarcasm wasn't needed.

Miriam: Yea but it was added.

Mei: So what you're saying was that you were jealous.

Miriam: Yea I guess.

She puts her palm to the nape of her neck trying to cover up the fact that she's a blushing mess right now.

Miriam: Can I ask a question now?

Mei: Yea.

Miriam: Promise you'll answer honestly.

Mei: Promise on my life.

Miriam: Do you like me back?