CHAPTER 23

It was Leberianz. His honey-dark blond was wet and his arms that hung weakly on the shore were limp.

Water drips down on his pale skin. Mirania stiffened as she was about to jump into the lake.

‘I didn’t want you to wake up, but I’m afraid you…’

Coughingㅡ

When Leberianz coughed in the field, drops of water splattered. Not lying in a coffin like a doll, but he’s alive and moving.

Grecan’s fur, which had been calm by saying to himself that he had done everything he had to do, stood firm.

“Growl…”

Grecan, who glared with his eyes as if warning, ‘He came out alive and didn’t die!’, lowered his body and growled.

Leberianz, who vomited, glared at Grecan. The red eyes were as thick as blood and frightening.

With his red eyes glistening eerily, Leberianz muttered to Grecan.

“You…!”

His thin lips twisted and red eyes glared at Grecan. A husky voice came from his throat that had not been used for a long time.

“I’m going to kill you…!”

Slipㅡ

Leberianz closed his eyes again, leaving only those words.

He fell asleep again.

Mirania seized the body of Leberianz, who was about to plunge into the lake again.

When she held him in her arms, cold lake water dripped from the hem of his wet clothes.

“Sniff! Grrr!”

Grecan barked wildly around Mirania.

‘Kill him?’ It was as if Grecan was shouting at Mirania to kill Leberianz.

Mirania closed Leberianz’s eyes with her hands. When his eyes were out of focus, he frowned and pulled away.

She thought he woke up from the shock, but it seemed to be a temporary phenomenon.

‘A survival instinct is surely amazing.’

In the meantime, Mirania’s clothes began to get wet gradually with water dripping from the body of Leberianz.

With a damp feeling, Mirania walked away disappointedly.

“Sniff! Growl!”

“Noisy!”