Chapter 41

The wings that protruded from his back looked smooth as if they were made of soft velvet, the inner coating was blood-red.

“Oh, yeah. You flew.”

My mind slowly woke and it becomes clear. A hazy voice seemed to belong to someone else’s.

“Hmm, yes. What brings you here? You must be hungry because you slept for three days. Without going to the kitchen.” asked Mirania.

“I’ve already eaten.”

“…?”

Mirania pondered, “Then what?”

Leverianz bit his lips, and his red lips swelled thickly, “Now is not the time to have these conversations. I don’t know when I’ll fall asleep again.”

“Then?”

“Oh, look at me now. It’s not the time to say things like this. Y I can’t believe I’ve been sleeping for three days. This bloody disease will not disappear until any time.  I don’t know if I’ll be asleep tomorrow or open my eyes, so I keep…”

Biting his lip, Leverianz’s lips with his white teeth were as red as a pomegranate that was about to burst.

“Mirania, you still don’t know? My time is running out.”

“Uh…, what?”

“Time is running out. My precious time.” Leverianz repeated.

His eyebrows raised in frustration at Mirania not being able to understand his words immediately.

Mirania sighed, glancing at his delicately furrowed brows.

‘Now I’m slowly getting used to Leverianz’s way of speaking. So I could guess what that meant.’

‘Time is running out.’ He meant to have fun and a meaningful time instead of letting it go idle.

Why couldn’t he be honest?

‘Grecan would have just asked me to play with him.’

Mirania blinked drowsily and pulled herself up and said, “Do you want me to play with you?”

When asked sourly, Leverianz raised his gaze as if to say something. His sly eyes were sharp, as if angry, but the words that came out of his mouth were cautious.

“I think we have to think about whether that expression of yours is appropriate, Mirania.”

‘That’s not to say it that way, isn’t it?’ Mirania thought to herself.

“What?”