CHAPTER 26

Mirania worries about the thought Grecan might call Balkan ‘father.’

Although she had set excuses with Grecan in preparation for any possible situation, she was not sure if each could control the situation.

Because Grecan was directly involved, my anxiety intensified.

As Mirania remained silent, Balkan’s eyes grew even more suspicious.

Grecan was also speechless with an uncontrollable frown on his forehead.

The one who broke the silence in the meeting room was the young wolf who had been staring puzzledly before. He was also the one who whispered to Balkan about the existence of Grecan.

He took a step forward. The half-doubtful expression turned into confidence at that moment.

“Grecan. You’re Grecan, right?”

“…Grecan?”

“Yes, Lord, it’s Grecan. He smells like Grecan. I don’t know why he’s here, but I think he’s been able to transform himself into a human.”

Mirania broke out in a cold sweat as she listened to the conversation. She didn’t think there would be a wolf who would recognize Grecan in his human form.

Thump, thumpㅡ

Mirania’s heart beats fearfully. She could feel Chera’s gaze, looking at her asking what she’s going to do.

Mirania slowly opened her lips, “This child is Grecan… ”

Balkan’s, whose expression had hardened since Grecan’s name came out, also looked at Mirania.

In a short moment, complex thoughts passed through Mirania’s head.

Contrary to many thoughts, the words that broke through his teeth were short.

“…Right?”

Chera opened her eyes wide. The question of why she admitted it when Grecan was in human form anyway flashed.

But Mirania, contrary to her suspicions, acted as if also in doubt of Grecan’s identity, but she had her own idea.

“Let’s just solve this today.”

Mirania was a great witch who hated conflict and disliked trouble as much as she loved peace.

If there’s room for the budding of disturbance in the future, it’s better to cut it out here.

“…Grecan. The wolf in the witch clan was Grecan.” Balkan whispered to himself.

A glance with contempt glared at Grecan. Then he cast an uncharacteristically calm gaze on Mirania.

“What happened?”

“As I said, I saved a lost child in the witch forest.”

“Then why didn’t you call me right away?”

Mirania frowned at his sharp voice as if she were quite displeased at his tone.

“Are you interrogating me, Balkan?”

“…”

“I think I’m in a position to check, not interrogate. Don’t you think so?”

As Mirania’s eyes became cold, Balkan remained silent for a while, but his attitude did not change.

“Whether what you say is true or not, Grecan is my… family, so I’ll take him.”

Mirania remained silent, unable to find anything to say.