The Oracle and the Martyr

Trigger Warning: This book contains some body horror that could be upsetting to younger readers or those faint of heart. Do not read if you are weak towards this type of topic. You have been warned.

Skipping this chapter will leave you clueless and you will miss out the beggining, I recommend you do not skip it.

3rd POV:

The air is dry in the netherworld, the air whistling as it goes through the tiny canyons worn by time. A demon couple with a young son is settled at one of the larger landings, the father a tall male with [H/C] hair, large ram horns and a gentle smile as he inspects the soil as his job, looking for mana concentrations. His wife relaxes in a portable picnic chair nearby, reading a book about pregnancy as she is expecting their second child. The first child is [Y/N], a young boy with a curious side and just learned to fly not long ago. He has ram horns just like his father, and [E/C] eyes just like his mother. The mother notices as he wanders off but doesn't worry as this place is very safe and only demon birds live around these places.

You fly around the place, looking for gaps in the stone that could hold something fun or fun rocks to show your dad. As you do so, you notice something black far away on the ground, still as a statue. You spread your small wings and fly over, finding a person with short fluffy black hair, two thick strands in front of the person's ears long enough to reach their waist. They are dressed in a large black coat and white undershirt, which is however stained. Thick red liquid is pooling under them, still wet. They are passed out and on their stomach, sprawled out like a ran over frog. You take the person's left arm and with all your effort, you turn them over. Looking at the person, you find an androgynous person with a pale complexion, their ears hidden by the hair. . A small detail catches your eye, a thin vertical slit on the person's forehead. "Are you okay?" You softly ask the person on the ground, and both their eyes open to reveal dark pupils that are like roughly scribbled circles. "We are not." They reply, their voice soft and a fine balance between balance between male and female. Still, they are very composed and not panicking at all despite bleeding hard. They have an aura of authority and show no fear as they sit up into a kneeling position in front of you. "Don't move! I'll get my dad, we'll help you!" You say, and the stranger's eyes seem to focus at you on this notion. "You want to help us?" They ask. "Of course!" You reply, and they smile. "Very well then, if you offer to help... We shall take it." They say, and suddenly the slit on their forehead opens to reveal a third eye before their back splits open and large mass of muscular flesh split into large tentacles emerges, covered in countless eyes like the person's except colored a vibrant yellow. All of it goes for you, and you scream as they engulf you. As you feel your back rip and your wings shred, you pass out.

That was years ago. Today you stand in front of a mirror shirtless, standing sideways and your head turned so you can see your back. Where your wings used to be is heavy scarring, and your wing base is missing completely. Instead, a long, shut slit is where it used to be. "Are you mulling over your wings again, [Y/N]? They are gone, but that doesn't mean you're any less of a demon." An androgynous voice says, and you notice the person in the mirror, standing besides your reflection and staring right at you. "Kind words, despite them coming out of the mouth of the one who ate them." You say bitterly, not looking at them directly. "I had to take them, they were in the way of me getting your aid." They reply, smiling sweetly. "I know, but I'm still bitter about it, Oracle." You say, calling them by their nickname. "Don't be. You are under my protection, and I will guide you through the changes, no matter how scary they are." They say, and you whip around angrily only to be met with empty air. They have a habit of showing in random places and disappearing, but only ever visible to your eye. Afterall, others cannot see what's in your head. This brings you back to when they introduced themself.