Teachers' Favourite

3rd POV:

„Yo [Y/N]! Over here!" Jazz calls you over as you get past the school gate as you enter. You notice your usual group of Jazz, Lied, Kamui and Goemon. They got attached to you for some reason, but you're not the one to complain about something like this. "Hey everyone." You smile and walk over, the Oracle floating behind you. Yes, they do that sometimes. Lied smiles now that everyone is there and speaks up "I was wondering, would you guys like to hang out on the weekend? I got a new game console for passing familiar classes and would like to try it with someone.". He can be a bit intense about games, but he's been nothing but nice to you. "I could come over once the celebration is over." You speak up, grabbing their attention. "Yes!" Lied fist bumps the air, then smiles at the rest "Anyone else?". "Of course." Goemon says. "We shall discuss the journey of being gentlemen." Kamui notes, and Jazz grins "I won't let myself fall behind.". "Alright, I'll be sure to get snacks ready." Lied says, and you can see the happiness on his face. "Well, time to get to class unless we wanna get roasted by Kalego." Jazz grins, and you all promptly go.

When you arrive, everyone is already present. The ones you make eye contact give you a simple 'Hi' or 'Hello', to which you always respond before taking your seat on the side. The Oracle sits before you, dangling their legs off of the desk and smiling softly. "You really got used to the school life, hmm? That's a good thing, friends can be not just companions but also valuable assets." They say, and you lift an eyebrow. What are friends? Reading your thoughts, they smile and chuckle lightly "A thing of other worlds, a title for companions that spend time together.". You nod at it, a bit smarter.

"Rise." Kalego's voice echoes in the class as he walks in, assertive as ever. You all obey while he walks over to his seat and sets down his books. "You may sit." He says, sitting down as the entire class does so. "I got news for you," he starts, a malicious smile spreading on his face "today we're having a surprise quiz on all topics, you will come to me one after another and will get a random question. Failure to respond in 10 seconds or a wrong answer will lower your grade, while a correct answer in time does the opposite.". You can feel the anxiety wash over the class, most demons here don't study at all. "First up, Iruma!" Kalego says, and you can basically feel the way he relishes in Iruma's anxiety. The demon gulps and walks over to the front, stopping in front of the blackboard. "Okay Iruma, Astronomy. If the moon will be full in four days, when will it be gibbous(the light area growing)?" He asks the student. Iruma fidgets nervously, and you sigh quietly. It's a question made to trick him, you don't need to focus on the details when you know the moon will be full in just a few days, and that means the moon is already gibbous as it's growing. Ten seconds almost pass, and Iruma stutters out a ten. Kalego-sensei makes a 'tch' sound, but you can tell he already expected Iruma to fail this question. "Wrong, the moon is gibbous already! The full moon will be in four days, and that means the moon is already growing." Kalego says, and you smile the tiniest bit as you nailed the answer.

Kalego then tests one student after another, going randomly in order. Or maybe he goes from whom he hates the most to whom he hates the least? Who knows, but one thing is certain: He's leaving you for last. The Oracle already told you that you won't be getting the same treatment, keeping it vague on purpose. When Asmodeus is sent back with his grade improved, Kalego-sensei makes eye contact with you. You get up and as you walk to the front of the class, your invisible companion follows. "You got this!" They whisper shout even if nobody can hear them. You stop in front of the blackboard and to your surprise Kalego-sensei stands up. "[Y/N], your grades are good, and you are working hard on practical abilities – therefore instead of having you answer a simple question, I'll give you an assignment to test your abilities in a way that challenges you to work hard in higher intensity." He says and walks over to you. You feel nervous as you are the center of attention yet again, and Kalego-sensei takes out an old looking notebook from his coat. It's a thumb wide and the cover is a little worn. The papers are sticking out as if some of them were merely put in the book and aren't attached to the cover. "Here." He hands it to you, and you accept it. Your eyes widen when you notice text on the cover: Kalego Naberius, Class 2E. "This is my old notebook from when I was a student, I have been writing in it ever since my second year and documenting spells I saw, how to cast those I knew and ideas for new spells. Your task is to select one spell from each category and learn them or try to come up with them in a week. Surface knowledge is enough, I'm not asking for quality as high as your Cruel Creator spell." He says. The class audibly gasps at a challenge such as this, something like this is just impossible!