Tending to a Beast

3rd POV:

The sky is tinted orange as the sun is going down, the students have left an hour ago and the teachers are also packing up at this point. Only two demons are staying behind, up in a cabinet you grew to know. Balam-sensei is moving stuff around, bringing in a mattress for himself to sleep on so he can comfortably spend the night. He is allowed to take care of you, but just in the school, so that's where the two of you will stay. You have been asleep for a while after throwing up, and he has been diligently checking on you the entire time, sometimes even checking your back under your shirt which is normal. Balam walks over to the window and looks outside at the scenery, seeing some of his coworkers go for the gate. His ears twitch at the soft sound of fabric moving, and he snaps towards you. You're sitting up with your eyes half-lidded, staring blankly at him. It's no mystery to you that the Oracle's existence is the cause of irregular Evil Cycles and having a turmoil in your insides upset not just the Evil Cycles, made your blood pressure go up and then make you vomit, but messed up your mind entirely. Not forever, but for a while. "[Y/N]!" Balam says, his eyes lighting up as he hurries over "How are you feeling?". You look at him with the same gaze and don't reply, which gets him worried. "[Y/N]...?" He wonders, reaching out and touching your arm. You look at him more, the touch not uncomfortable. As he descends into a panic, you make a grumbling sound of discomfort, getting his attention.

"[Y/N], do you need anything?" He asks softly, retracting his hand a little, unintentionally holding it almost right in front of your face. With your urges and reactions on an animal level, you show your discomfort by lunging and biting down on his gloved hand. He jolts in surprise, falling backwards onto his ass while his hand slips out of the glove, leaving it in your mouth. He looks at you with wide eyes as you chew on the fabric in your mouth, soaking it with your saliva and ruining the glove in the process. For a brief moment he is more worried about the glove in your mouth being too dirty to chew, but then it goes to the obvious – something is up. The inner researcher in him wakes up, sensing an opportunity and getting him to investigate. He gets up, looking at you with more curiosity than concern, but still with dedication to help. He walks around you so he's out of reach and gets a plate he set on the long desk earlier, walking over after. There's dinner, one of those types that are wrapped in edible wrapping and filled with veggies and meats. "Are you hungry?" He asks you, getting all your attention. You spitting out the glove is enough of an answer, and he holds the plate in front of you, watching as you snatch and devour the food. He sets the plate on your lap to catch the crumbs, and then takes the glove. His eyes are fixed on you for a moment, his heart full of desire to provide you comfort and to learn more. When you finish, he's careful not to put his hands near your face and distracts you with a cup of hell grey tea. His plan was to let you drink and take the plate while you are busy, but his plan is rendered impossible as when he offers the drink, you put your hands over his to hold the cup still and drink from it, his hands trapped. Still, he uses the moment to look at your expression of delight as you drink, your needs satisfied, and discomfort shrunken into just the mild dizziness and pain. When finished, you make a satisfied sigh and curl up, pulling the blanket over your back and shutting your eyes.

Balam looks at you cluelessly for a moment, but a small smile makes it on his face while a feeling of accomplishment swells in his chest. He carefully takes the plate and puts it away, before coming back to you and standing just out of arm's reach, uncertain what to do next as you don't look like you need anything. After a moment of contemplation, he reaches out and gently touches your shoulders to get your attention. "Um, [Y/N], now that you had dinner, how about you go to sleep? It's getting dark, plus I'll be here." He says, motioning to his bed. You look blanky at him for a moment, but you lay down in the bed and shut your eyes, giving him hope that there's still reason within you. Satisfied with the outcome, he changes into his sleep shorts, then goes to bed and right to sleep instead of reading so there won't be light disturbing you. He drifts to sleep, ready to continue.