Rises and Falls

3rd POV:

Another day of school, another problem. Today is the Rookie Hunt, a large event where demons seek out first years to recruit them to their Battler (basically a club). Many demons rush through the halls in this rather violent event, and you are caught inbetween two groups. You use Cruel Creator to make a thrall from the ground and scare them off, the towering draconic creation made of stone bricks bellowing. It's enough to make sure you're not hunted and breathe a sigh of relief. You don't really want to join any right now, so you have more time to practice any spells you want. The Oracle manifests on your left, frowning a little "We think your parents would be disappointed to see you choose none since there will be a day of celebration regarding it when they could come.". You sigh and close your eyes, they are right. Might take a look at the battlers the day after tomorrow with them after class.

You start your day off with the Familiar Class, where Robin-sensei teaches. You all gather in an outside garden spot and are welcomed by the excited teacher. One by one, your classmates except for Iruma summon their familiars as instructed. You sigh as you know you will get attention as this guy knows his magical beasts but go through with summoning Kutsu. As predicted, he gets really curious over the creature and inspects it wildly but with distance, his eyes glued to Kutsu's double claws. "What species is this? I never saw anything like it!" He says, basically sparkling. "This is Kutsu." You say shortly and he doesn't ask more, just inspecting him for a bit. Then he notices Iruma didn't summon his familiar and goes to urge him to, and he finally summons a small purple bird. It looks really pissed about being here, and you recall the rumors of Iruma actually making Kalego-sensei his familiar. Well, you can see the resemblance. It glances at you briefly, but then communicates with Iruma as Robin-sensei is over the moon from the fact that it can talk. Then a few familiar-master bonding exercises happen, like having your familiar fetch a frisbee or to groom it. You don't feel it is beneficial for some reason, and Kutsu seems to agree as it does everything it's asked to but doesn't seem to be having much fun about it, only interested in showing affection by licking at you sometimes. Iruma's familiar keeps a keen eye on the two of you, no doubt assessing you. While it looks more and more pissed every passing second, upon looking at you and Kutsu waiting after each task it however doesn't frown as much.

Then the unthinkable happens and Asmodeus with Sabnock start getting riled up in their familiar rivalry, Asmodeus' Gorgon Snake and Sabnock's Kelpie almost get on each other's throats and before the teacher or Kalego can act, you step in on impulse. You set your hand down on Kutsu, and command "Kutsu, intimidation.". Power flares in its body, your order echoing in its head and it's maw opens to let out a terrible noise of screams of agony that echo around the place, the air around it's jaws vibrating enough for the disturbance to be seen by demon eye. It's skin grows dark and dead and grows slightly in size as a part of the skill, however the skill is buffed by your promotion from Dalet(4) to He(5). When the screams stop and everyone is quiet and frozen in place, second phase of the skill begins and the music of an organ starts playing as if from every direction, and soon a female choir chanting words that make no sense joins in. The holy religious sounds that grow in intensity mixed with Kutsu's ongoing intimidating aura overwhelm the area and while some demons and their familiars froze, some like Kamui or Asmodeus break into a wild run away from the area. Even the teacher is frozen, and you end the skill as you manage to break your focus which makes it's effectiveness plummet before you end it completely. The moment it stops you feel yourself embarrassed thoroughly, looking at the ground as your familiar reverts. "I-I'm sorry, I was loo-looking to stop them before they fought." You explain yourself, blushing and moving closer to Kutsu for reassurance. Robin-sensei falls over, however, and you hurry to help.

Five minutes later you're sitting beside Robin-sensei's bed in the nurse's office as he's out from shock, feeling guilty. You play with your fingers as a way to keep your nervousness at bay, but it's just not working. The door opens and your gaze lifts to see Kalego-sensei walk in, his eyes on Robin-sensei for a brief moment, but then he looks at you. You sweat as he makes his way over, and his brows visibly furrow as he stops before you. Now you're sweating bullets, not daring to look him in the eye and look to the floor. He sighs out loud, and then you feel his hand on your head. "It's not your fault, [Y/N]. If you hadn't stepped in, Robin-sensei wouldn't have stopped them in time. Even if you overshot it, you did the right thing." He says, and you feel your shoulders relax. "Thank you, Kalego-sensei." You say softly. "Look at me." He then commands, and you look at him. He has the face he always has, a passive sharp look that constantly intimidates everyone who isn't used to his presence. "Don't feel guilty. I'll give him a stern talking to about student safety, he's too careless. As for you, go back to class. The nurses will take care of him." He reassures you and withdraws his hand. You stand up, now feeling better about yourself, and politely bow. "Thank you, Kalego-sensei. I will get going now." You excuse yourself and leave the room.