Teacher Trip Part 1

3rd POV:

Your week ends rather quickly in your opinion, you couldn't focus on your studies since the scene of Balam unknowingly getting you off keeps replaying in your head. His hand in your back, his fingers coiling around your flesh... You're brought out of your thoughts when the doorbell rings, and already knowing who arrived you go to answer the door. When you open it, you see the teachers you expected; Kalego, Balam, Dali, Robin, Stolas and Morax. Dali is at the door, smiling at you and greeting you while Balam is quietly smiling as he stands beside Kalego, who is getting harassed by Robin. In the back, Stolas smiles knowingly as Morax keeps glancing at Kalego with a fond face. "I've packed my bag, give me a moment." You say, vanishing into the house to get your bag and say goodbye to your parents. "Have fun, honey." Your mom says, your sister in her lap as they are watching a show. "Mommy's right, just enjoy yourself and don't sweat it." Dad says, waving at you from the other seat. "You're right. I'll see you tomorrow evening." You smile back, putting your bag over your shoulder and going out. When you come out, all the teachers except the grumpy Kalego smile at you. "Ready?" Dali asks, and you nod. The demons spread their wings and fly off, leaving you to stand there with a blank look. Still, Kalego and Balam stay grounded, Kalego face palming. "You forgot [Y/N] here, you idiots!" He shouts up at the ones midair, getting them to stop. They all look embarrassed, Dali urgently apologizing and Morax looking extra red. "How will we do it with [Y/N], then?" Robin asks the group, then Balam raises his hand. "I'll carry him there, I'm the biggest one of us and won't have problems having additional weight." He smiles, and everyone agrees with it, while Kalego doesn't respond and looks away. This is when your faithful companion, the Oracle, shows up "I have a feeling Kalego will act up on the trip. Afterall, he can't have anyone else getting chummy with his best student.". You sweat a bit at that, but don't say anything as the large teacher picks you up. One hand under your legs, on your back, and your arms around his neck. Finally, you all take off for the Dragon Peaks, starting your long trip.

Dali flies up to your side, his eyes shiny with excitement "Hey [Y/N]-kun, I know you don't know the details of the trip, so I'll fill you in. We'll get settled in at the hotel and leave our bags there before going to see the Ancient Tree, then it'll be too late to do anything else. That's when we'll have dinner and then go to the local hot springs. The next day we'll fly north and go to the Dragon's Library that we managed to get reservations for. If we're done there earlier, we'll stop by one of the old Demon King shrines and then fly home.". You look at him with wide eyes for a moment since the trip is really elaborate, but smile. "Sounds great." You say, your companions' satisfaction not getting past you. "We all planned it together(without Kalego) when you were still practicing, but seeing you practice in the school garden we could tell it's likely you'd succeed – so we're all excited to see it come to fruition." Dali smiles. All then get settled into their positions, Stolas and Morax flying in the back and chatting among themselves, Kalego in front of them and behind you and Balam, Robin and Dali in the front while Robin sometimes flies over to Kalego to bug him and then back to Dali who always watches with amusement. You look into blank space until Balam starts whispering "I have to say, I have some idea about how your insides work but still not enough. I'll need to investigate more.". You blush a little since you recall what went down, but nod. "I'll come over on Tuesday(Couldn't find how the days are called in the show, sorry) again, then?" You whisper back, and the teacher hums in approval. Then you two grow silent, and you slowly get bored. You suddenly reach up and take a thick strand of his hair into your hand and start braiding it. He looks at you for a moment, then his eyes close in his signature smile and he looks back ahead. Each time you cross the strands of his hair as you work on it, the pressure in Kalego's mind rises a tiny bit. He keeps looking at Balam's back, upset not with him but with himself – He genuinely likes you and would even like to befriend you, but his professionalism is getting in the way. It's fifteen minutes in that you finish various braids on Balam, even tying them carefully with his own strands of hair in a careful manner so it won't get damaged or undone. It's not easy to braid someone's hair when you're flying high at speeds so fast it flaps around, but you managed to tame his mane and tie it neatly. "Thank you [Y/N]-kun, it feels nice." He thanks you, smiling down at you. "You're welcome." You say softly, finally getting bored and setting your head on his shoulder, looking at Kalego who is flying behind. You make eye contact for a second, but then he looks away as he feels awkward. Even if he's stern and all, you like him. You get his attention by waving at him, surprising the gloomy teacher. He looks confused for a moment, unaware how to respond, but lifts his hand as a small greeting. You smile wide, not hiding your satisfaction and then shut your eyes, comfortable with the feeling of Balam's warmth.