Fireworks

3rd POV:

The day of the festival arrives, and you find yourself standing among the stalls, looking at the sky as you think. All your friends are busy, Lied is with the Game Battler, Jazz is with the New Magic Battler, Kamui is making his own about admiring women and Goemon is Satan knows where. In other words, you are completely alone. But just like loneliness can be a curse, it can be an opportunity. You make your way to the spot where you were training for Execution Cannonball, a small clearing in the school's garden. There you sit down and take out the notebook Kalego gave you as Oracle manifests on your left. "Time to work?" They smile and you nod as you start going through the countless spells documented or imagined in by the teacher. "Maybe it would be best to learn the light spell, it's not hard and Kalego-sensei documented it entirely." Oracle says as you list through the ones completely described. "I don't know, the spell where you put a tracking mana cluster on something is also interesting..." You say, and they chuckle. "True, I just think it would be pointless thanks to your bloodline ability." They say and you nod in agreement.

Your bloodline ability is Bloodhound, a spell that your father uses in his work a lot. It allows you to find or track anything you heard of, saw, or just found a trace of. It's the perfect tracking spell.

"Then Light it is." You say, writing it down on the paper where you'll list the three spells needed. Then you look through the notes for spells that Kalego witnessed but doesn't know how to use. There are many interesting things, but it's mostly bloodline abilities which are hard to use. "This one." The Oracle says, pointing at a page. It's a spell that controls magical beasts for a brief period of time, making them temporary servants. "It's great because it's based around the mind, something you will excel in thanks to my gifts. We'll take it a step further, write down 'Unity'." They say, and you write it down, already eager to learn what the Oracle has in mind. But there' still one spell you need, and that's make a new one from the ideas in the book. "A spell that silences everyone in a radius. Sounds like Kalego-sensei." You read, smiling. "Plant vitality spell, huh? Something to salvage plants." The Oracle reads another. "Wow, this one looks difficult but really fun." You then say, pointing at another note. It's an idea for a spell that sorts books by itself. "Not as practical, but a nice challenge. Which one do you want to learn?" They say, looking over your shoulder. "The book one." You grin and write it down.

With enough time on your hands, you learn the light spell under Oracle's guidance and using the notes. With something so detailed, it takes you just ten minutes until you make an orb of light that hovers before you. "Light, check." You grin, doing a tick mark next to it's name on your paper. "Do at least 2 more so you can do it reliably." The Oracle says, and you follow their directions. Once done with the light, you move on to Unity, but Oracle stops you. "For this spell we need something to use it on, like a small animal. Let's do the book sorting spell first." They say, and you nod with a bit of disappointment. You take out your books from your bag and toss them on the ground, before starting to learn how to do the spell. "Okay, so there are a few important factors. The books need to automatically check the alphabetical order among themselves and then move to the correct spot, so the spell should give a book consciousness and enough wit to find the correct order and then lose their mind when they settle as they should. It's a bit similar to Cruel Creator, but once they check and move to where they should be, they need to dispel their own magic. Let's start." They explain.

Giving the books their own mind and ability to move is the easiest part thanks to knowing Cruel Creator but having them sort themselves is a bit harder. Even if you manage to give them the knowledge, they aren't very orderly and bump into eachother. The hardest part, however, is to have them stop having a mind of their own when they do sort themselves so the spell doesn't have to be maintained and you can just cast it for the books to be sorted and not care about it more. You sigh from your sitting position when your astronomy book bumps into your mythical zoology one and falls over, it's little legs wiggling as it can't get up. "What do I do, Oracle? They are less orderly than little kids getting in line for ice cream." You say and they chuckle. "You'll get it in time. They need to keep more space inbetween eachother until they get in correct order, then they should get close and neat." They say and you nod, willing to try. You cast it again and the books scurry into the correct order without any getting eliminated, then get close as they should be and sit. You have to concentrate to deactivate the spell, you can't have it casted by itself yet. You are brought out of your thoughts by the sound of hands clapping and turn around to see Balam-sensei standing there, no doubt smiling.