A Way To His Heart

3rd POV:

A day has passed since you had Balam-sensei agree to help you out with your experiment of strength, and now you are waiting at the school gates, your bag loosely slung over your shoulder and an anxious feeling in your stomach. You're going to be alone together again, after all... "I'm sorry for the wait, [Y/N]-kun. Where shall we fly?" You hear Balam's voice and turn around to face him, only to become speechless.

3rd POV, early morning the same day, teacher's lounge:

Morax tiredly blinks her eyes to wake herself up, Robin not doing much better himself. Kalego is already at his post, dutifully preparing another lesson for the classes he oversees, deep in thought. Then, they hear footsteps and look up to greet another colleague, but they freeze for a moment: Balam dressed up!

His large, bird feet are in seemingly custom large black shoes with white sides and shoelaces, his legs and waist hidden under black jeans. He has a black zipper sweatshirt on that is open, it's long collar and shoulders light purple all the way to the sleeves which are purple themselves, and a lighter purple strip at the bottom. He has a white shirt underneath, and his hair is in a really large low ponytail due to his massive hair. The band itself is purple, matching his eyelashes. He has a green sling bag over his shoulder, not his usual large black one. Even his gloves are different, light green and made of cloth instead of rough rubber.

Upon seeing everyone look at him, he bashfully scratches the back of his neck, aware that he's dressed way nicer than usual. His lack of using the proper uniform isn't a problem, he never wore one due to his large size, it is the attention. "Balam-kun, you look great! What's the occasion?" Says Morax, woken up by the distraction from their usual routine. "I always wear the same around the school, and I felt like trying out something new..." Balam lies bashfully, his real objective being to impress you. Kalego looks at him weird for a moment, aware that he is spending the afternoon helping you. Thinking about it, he continues writing.

3rd POV, back to the present:

"Oh, I was thinking about the large platform to the west if you know the one?" You say, your cheeks red as you see him looking nice for you. You know it's for you not just by gut, but also by the Oracle whispering so in your ear. He's blushing himself, his chest swelling with a foreign feeling knowing he has impressed you by the way your eyes linger on him despite you being bashful and would usually look away. He spreads his arms as a signal for you to come so you can fly to the spot, and you come over. He picks you up with ease, making it a little unbelievable that you are the top in this relationship. You wrap your arms around his neck, your body pressed against him gently, yet firmly enough to feel his large heart beating quickly. And with a flap of his feathered wings, he takes off. Neither of you say anything about your relationship, and Balam instead asks about the experiment you want to do. "Oh, I'll show you when we land. It's easier to explain while demonstrating it." You say, getting a hum from him. It feels so strange to see him dressed differently than usual, but you absentmindedly run your fingers along his back, feeling the fabric of his sweatshirt as you admire it for making the embrace even softer. You hear the Oracle chuckle for a moment, and you shoot them a questioning glance, but they shrug their shoulders, keeping their secret.

Upon landing, you awkwardly back away from Balam and take in your surroundings. The school stands tall in the distance, canyons all around you with the exception of various platforms at their edges. You yourself are on one, and after assessing the spot closer up, you nod with approval. "Okay Balam-sensei, I basically found a real life cheat. Let me explain-" You start, the word 'cheat' instantly getting his attention to spike. "Cherusil." You cast, summoning 4 new mouths. Two of them appear on your palms, the other two on your neck, the left one slightly higher than the right one. "I happened upon this on accident. When a verbal spell is cast using the mouth, it works like normal." You start, then cast "Raffire" using your normal mouth, making a flame. "However, when two mouths cast the same spell with perfect synchronization, it splits the spell cost by how many mouths are used. When I use two, the cost of mana is ½, when using 3, the cost is 1/3 of the usual and so on... That lets me cast stronger spells than usual since I have to use less energy to cast more... Let me demonstrate." You say, casting "Raffire" again while using two mouths at the same time, making a flame twice the size of before.