Misery Likes Company

3rd POV:

You wake when your alarm rings, sitting up in your bed and psych yourself for the day ahead. The Oracle manifests on your left, their back turned to you as they stare out the window. "You should get ready, it would look bad for you if Kalego-sensei saw you come in late." They say, turning to you with a faint smile. You nod and obey, getting dressed in your uniform and packing your bag. "Good morning [Y/N]! Ready for your first day?" Your dad asks as you walk into the dining room to eat. "I think so." You say and take your usual seat at the table where a nice breakfast awaits you. You start eating as your mom walks in, your sister trailing behind her. "Good morning! Make sure to eat up well, you'll need the energy." She smiles, patting your head. With a hum of acknowledgement, you finish up your meal. "Come on, let's go!" Your dad says, and you follow him outside where he picks you up and takes flight for the school. Babyls is too far from your home, so you are forced to get there like this, sadly. When you arrive and are set down at the gates, you get many stares but do your best to shrug them off. "Thank you dad." You say and get a smile back as he leaves.

You walk past the student council members greeting everybody and your ears automatically pick up the others talking about you, saying you are weak and or something is wrong with your wings. They are correct, but you don't pay them any attention and get to a teacher that stands there, waiting for first years like you. He has light brown eyes, sandy hair and a pair of standard horns on his head and is dressed in a standard male teaching staff uniform. "Welcome! My name is Dantalion Dali, but you may refer to me as Dali-sensei. I will divide you into six batches, each going to a different teacher. With these, you will summon your familiars. Alright, let's get you sorted!" He says, his eyes lighting up happily. You end up in team 2 and are surprised to see Dali-sensei will be the one you will summon your familiar with.

You are herded into a large room with a circular section that has a summoning symbol on the ground and a lit candle shining bright. Dali-sensei steps in front of you all and uses an animated board to explain the summoning process. You will have to cut your hand, apply your blood to the paper with his summoning seal and then light it on fire at the candle to get your familiar from the magic smoke. You take the paper as told and watch as those before you get their familiars. One demon, a boy with yellow hair and what looks like a horn broken into 3 triangular pieces that levitate, summons a smart monkey as his familiar and seems happy about it. Then finally, it is your turn. You step over and cut your hand, applying the blood to the seal thoroughly and then setting the paper on fire.

Your breath hitches and you get nervous, watching the smoke closely. You feel hands on your shoulders, and you don't have to look to know it is the Oracle. The smoke before you splits into two streams that start forming two familiars, but then they both smash into eachother and some blood from them drips down. You feel vomit rise as you watch the two creatures painfully merge, growing. "We thought this could happen... There is more than just you here, [Y/N]. That blood in your veins is yours and ours, one familiar for one soul. The familiar brought forward is chosen based on who the master is, and they can adjust to fit their master. They mimic us, and like us they merge into one. This is us." The Oracle says, their eyes fixed on the creatures even if you cannot see their face. You feel terror at seeing what your curse has caused for others and see one pulse in an attempt to scream in pain. The class and Dali-sensei watch quietly, the students too stunned and the teacher confused and curious. It ends quickly, and when the process is finished, you stand before your familiar.

 It ends quickly, and when the process is finished, you stand before your familiar