Fight! Fight! Fight!

3rd POV:

When you arrive at school the next day and sit down sheepishly in your seat, instead of Kalego-sensei Dali-sensei walks in. "Hey everyone! I'll be substituting Kalego-sensei today since he got a really bad case of an evil cycle yesterday and didn't get any better attitude since then, so he will be on forced leave until it's over. As for the challenge you made, I will be here to check it on his behalf in case he won't make it back in time." The teacher announces before making the roll call in Kalego's stead. It only makes you more anxious, because you know that the next time you see him he will have a clear mind and will remember what happened yesterday... Still, him being gone means you will have a different duty than to keep him off of your classmates. "Tch, that means we can't get Kalego's diary and bribe Morax with it." Jazz murmurs, getting a nod from Iruma who then looks at you. "Since Kalego-sensei isn't present, you can help us out with other things. After our classes end, meet with me in the garden. We'll make a battle plan for dealing with the New Magic Battler head, someone definitely cast a spell on him." Iruma says and you nod, ready to put on a performance to hide your guilt. Even though something tells you he knows already.

The day passes by slower than usual, your mind weighted down by your troubles. Finally, the school bell goes off, and you make your way to the garden where Iruma stands. You can feel his confrontational aura already as his eyes are on you. Still, you walk up to him without hesitation. "I know it was you. No one else in the school is capable of manipulating minds using a spell. There was this guy who not long ago changed the personality of the Student Council President, but it wasn't with a spell. And the Battler head was affected using a spell, not a potion or an item. As for the papers you have used, you are easily capable of inventing spells of any sorts, so this isn't something you couldn't have done. But one other point is that you had all the time to do it you could have ever wanted, you were set to observe Kalego who actually spent his yesterday looking for you, so you wouldn't have issues keeping him in check. The last piece of evidence is your and Kalego's relationship. It's safe to say you're the one in the class who respects him the most, and in turn Kalego gives you tasks to let you grow. Still, one thing is unclear – how could you go against your classmates? You have friends in the class, why make it harder for them?" Iruma accuses, standing there with his arms crossed. You sigh, knowing there's no easy way out of this one. "Simple. It was your plan, and I don't respect you." You straight up admit, making his eyes widen. "Usually, you are friendly and don't carve your own path, instead simply focusing on enjoying life. That's not something that would make me like this, but it was the flip of you going into an evil cycle, calling the class and the surrounding area your territory. That came out of the blue and was simply arrogant. I wasn't amazed nor enchanted by your confidence, because unlike my classmates my mind isn't so easily swayed. I'm not going to blindly follow you if I can't respect you." You explain, not holding back your dislike. He goes silent, looking right at your face and then finally sighs. "If that's the case, then I'll just have to make you." Iruma says, lifting his hand so the ring is visible as he adjusts the power output gauge. A duel. "So be it." You say, cracking your fingers.

"Raffire!" He casts, extending his ringed hand and casting a strong flame that's way over your safety level. "Cruel creator." You cast, a golem rising just in time to take the hit and crumble, working like a living shield. This fight isn't going to be easy since his borrowed power can pack a serious punch. "Libera!" Another attack goes your way, this time a Chinese dragon mindless spirit, most commonly used to give strength to projectiles. But now it's a raw attack, and you barely dodge its high speed before another wave of fire comes your way. With a high speed cast, you use the other spell you have been practicing and erect a wall of stone, which shatters under the pressure, and you have to block with your arms, so you don't get a concussion from a rock hitting your head. If Iruma was fighting someone other than you or Kerori who can also make a barrier out of ice, it would have been a very one sided beating. Before the dust from the barrier can clear, another libera strike comes out of nowhere and sends you flying, and you fall down on your side. If his attacks weren't crazy strong, you would have stood a chance. "Or if you wouldn't go easy on him. After all, only a half of you is fighting." Says a familiar voice, and you look up at the Oracle standing next to you, a smile on their face. The dust clears and Iruma is walking over, no doubt to smear your loss in your face and make you submit. Before that happens, you get to your feet and look him in the eye. "If you're going to fight with no restraint like this, then I should do the same and not use just a half of me now, should I?" You say, the Oracle's smile growing into a smirk as excitement courses through them.