03 | Accidental Kiss

Blake quickly gets out of his daze and goes to his brother in worry. He sees the blood on his face and starts to cry. He starts shaking Nate's shoulder trying to wake him up.

"N-Nate please wake up...Nate" He sees that Nate watched him but the boy didn't understand him. He watches as his brother picks up the lower half of him with Mckay while Cassie, Maddy and another guy pick up his upper half. They put him in Maddy's car since it was the closest and drove to the hospital. Nate's head lay on Blake's lap while Cassie hold his hands.

In the hospital, Blake was on one side next to Cassie while Maddy was on the other side on the stroller where Nate's body lay.

"D-Don't worry bro okay? They're gonna take care of you...I can't lose you, man."

【 LOVIN' HURTS 】

"Wait so you beat the shit outta Fez...damn that's harsh bro."

"I don't want to talk about him." The line goes quiet until Josh says, "Wait so his mom is a drug dealer? Hook me up man"

"Josh that's not the point man. He did shit in my house"

Blake was explaining what had happened with Nick on the phone. Josh had called asking about how much change he would need to give to the customer since the cash register isn't working.

"Look man, dude probably didn't mean it"

"Yeah, but why would you do that in someone's house? That's like you coming to my house and eating my food"

"Dude I practically live there" Blake sighed. He lays back on the bed. He started thinking back to when he first met Nick. The boy had looked scrawny. No meat on his bones. Blake feels kinda played. Nick is so small compared to him.

"Okay here's what. After work, we go to Bruce's party. You know Bruce Clarkson?"

"The dude who ran naked during the fields?"

"Yeah that Bruce. He's having a party tonight and we're gonna be there" He nods his head as if his friend could hear him. After talking with Josh for a while, Blake felt better. He wasn't mad that Nick lied, he was mad that he did drugs in his house. He didn't want his mom to find whatever was left in the house and accused him of it. Plus it was rude not to ask someone.

Blake looked at the time, realizing that both Josh and him had been talking for over two hours, "Shouldn't you be working?"

"Nah, they can manage without me besides, they don't pay me much to babysit these devils"

"Didn't you say that you wanted to adopt kids?"

"Yeah but I damn well know I'm not gonna raise demons"

"But I'm sure the kids aren't bad..."

"This one kid tried eating a boy's hand."

"Fair enough-Hey Maddy's calling me" He states.

"Hey, don't you dare hang up on-" Blake laughed and answers the girl's call. The first thing he heard was groans and cuss words.

"You're brother is a fucking asshole"

"Hi Maddy, I'm good, thank's for asking," He remarks, The girl scoffs at him. Blake hears that she's moving around in the background, "Hi, Hey, whatever, look wanna hang out or something? I don't want to talk to Cassie because she been acting fucking crazy and I want to rant about your brother"

"Should you be doing that? I mean he is my brother"

"I'll buy you food"

"I love you so much! Be there in 20!"