04 | The Confession

The next day Blake went to school as usual, with a headache. Whatever Josh had put in that drink was really strong because fuck, he doesn't remember shit. He goes to his locker and grabs his books. He feels someone staring at him so he leans to the side of the locker to see who it was.

"Oh, it's you" Blake goes back to shuffling his books. Nick frowns but didn't give up. His mom had given him the best pep talk she has ever done and it made his confidence high.

"I'm really sorry dude. I should have told you but I didn't and that's fucked up"

"Look, if you want to do drugs and stuff that's fine, but don't do that shit in my house" Nick nods making his curly hair move. "And you're buying me lunch"

Nick groaned but had a smile on his face. He was happy that he got back his only friend. As they were walking Blake, didn't notice Josh staring at him.

RUE: Josh was conflicted. It seemed as if Blake didn't remember what had happened at the party. If you had forgotten Blake got drunk by some shit Josh made, which I desperately need, anyway he got drunk and kissed him on the lips.

Josh got some courage and goes up to Nick and Blake. He taps the boy's shoulder, Blake turns around and smiled at his friend, Hey man what's up?"

"Can we talk privately"

"Uh sure but I got fifteen minutes till class" Josh grabs Blake's arms and carries him away from Nick.

"What's up?" Blake asks as he shifts his bag to his other shoulder. He watches Josh nervously twitch his hands and eyebrows.

"Okay, I'm going to say it. Not sure if you remembered but...you kissed me last night"

"So?" Josh blinks, but goes on to say, "On the lips. Full-on kissing" Blake didn't know what to say. He felt weird talking about this. He doesn't remember shit from last night so he doesn't know how to reply.

"Sorry man...I don't remember doing that but if I did then sorry." Josh sighs, "I liked it...actually... I've liked you for a while" Josh mumbles softly but Blake could still hear it.

Blake's eyes widen, this was all so sudden, since when did Josh develop a crush on him" When...when did you start liking me?"

"Since we were fifteen" Oh fuck.

How the fuck did he miss that? Since they were fifteen? That's so long! Is that why he never got a boyfriend? Is that why he didn't like his hooks up? He was in love with him? Blake could only stare at Josh as these thoughts run through his mind.

"Why?"

Josh sighs and leans on the wall, He takes out a cigarette and starts smoking it, "Because you're nice, you're very smart and a hard worker. You're better than me, better than my dad, always been there for me...that kiss...it made my feelings for you get stronger. I tried to tell you before but you never got the hints. When we were in Ms, Rogers's class and were handing out secret admirers, I gave you a letter, valentines day, I baked you terrible cupcakes that were probably raw and you still ate them and told me they tasted great. You know that song I wrote last year? That was about you. Youre the only dude I know with Pretty Brown eyes..." Josh goes on about the numerous times he's tried to confess and Blake's shock at the news. It's been so many years and he's had his heart on him? Only him?