Eri

Midori did not know he was going to be stuck babysitting someone's kid when he went to go help some Yakuza guys under orders of his villain boss.

He didn't know what else to do since the girl didn't talk much despite staring at him, so he took notice of how many girly toys went unopened before he started to talk with her about meaningless things to engage with her in some way.

"So Yuno went flying over the ramp and you couldn't see the other guys' face but I could feel it in my soul that he was so sad. Like one minute he is winning, next minute his bumper got chipped off by Yuno's trunk landing on it—"

And somehow talking about watching illegal drag races worked. Her eyes would no longer look as dull as before as he started to ramble about what he knows about racing and how there was so much fun in breaking the speed limit.

It was only when he started to leak into talking about quirks did she seem to freeze. He stopped in the middle of his talking and leaned a bit forward, "Hey, are you alright? If you don't want me to talk about quirks, it's okay. I can just ramble about something else."

The little girl looked up at him. "You wouldn't like me if you knew my quirk."

"And why is that?"

"It's dangerous," the girl said quietly, stepping back from him. "I'm dangerous. That's why the mean man has me here."

"The mean man? Do you mean Overhaul?"

The girl nodded shakily back at him. Midori once again stared at her bandages with a sickening feeling forming in his gut. Was Overhaul stabbing her with needles or slashing her limbs to experiment on her? Midori stared back at her, trying to smile reassuringly at her. "He does sound mean. He was mean to me and my friends too. He separated us from one another."

The little girl stepped forward a bit, "Really?"

"Yeah," Midori replied. "Ah, I forgot to introduce myself. My business name is Midori. But you can call me Zuku if you want."

The little girl swayed on her feet, "I'm Eri."

Midori grinned back at her, "Nice to meet you."

*

"Ugh. This is boring," Twice complained, folding his arms.

The two had barely started their new job only thirty or so minutes ago under the watch of Irinaka. But they were too irritable from the previous situation which led to them being separated from Midori.

Toga looked around with a worried expression. "Where did they take him?"

"I don't know. He must be somewhere into this maze," Twice whispered back.

"Hopefully, he isn't too far away..." Toga wondered out loud. "Who knows what they are using him for."

"I didn't like the way Overhaul looked at him," Twice commented. "He looked so creepy when he took Midori with him."

"Yeah," Toga hummed with a frown. "I hope he is okay...

... I wanted to raise our friendship level more, so I could drink his blood."

*

Before Midori knew it, a day had passed since coming to the headquarters. And he had fallen asleep slumped against the wall while Eri huddled herself within the covers of the pristine bed like a caterpillar in a cocoon.

When he woke up, he started to look around the room for any clues on who the girl was or why she was being kept locked up in this building. And the clues he found just left more questions.

Like a random blood stain on one of the unopened boxes of magical girl toys. The speck was well hidden with the red hair of the cartoon character shown on the box who smiled as they fought an imaginary monster in a pink dress.