My Ride's Here

"Hah!" Magne laughed as the crowd started to realize that the roaring sound of cars was coming straight towards them. So most of the people on the street hurried to the sides while Trumpet struggled to keep everyone calm.

Spinner hung on tight to the wall as cars started to speed past the street, some of them drifting past the stage in the middle or turning down the alleyways. The hiding crowd members screamed in fear as colors flew past like a rainbow.

Trumpet ran from his stage with his megaphone in his hands with desperation flooding through his expression. That was until the racing announcer raced by and took him by his shirt collar. Spinner watched as Trumpet dropped the megaphone as he disappeared down the street on the roof of a racing car.

From his vantage point, he could see how red Trumpet's face got when the announcer lady yelled orders to the racers.

Magne cackled, crossing the street when there were no more cars racing by, "How much do you want to bet that he gets run over?"

"If you saw how he looked at her, you would think that he got run over already," Spinner replied loudly. He dropped from the side of the building while Magne waited on the curb. "I think he dropped his megaphone accidentally for a different reason."

Magne's expression brightened before she whipped her head around when the sound of a rumbling engine was coming. "How many did Kurogiri bring with him?"

"I mean, there was a lot of people at the race we went to," Spinner said as a long, spray painted style limo drove up towards them. The hood had vents with two long lines of purple down the top of the car. They both stepped back from the curb as the limo screeched to a stop.

Slowly, the passenger door window rolled down to reveal Kurogiri driving with an older woman in a leather jacket in the passenger seat. "Hop on, youngsters."

"Kurogiri?" Spinner asked as Magne climbed into the backseat without another word.

Spinner heard her gasp then say, "There's tiny water bottles and snacks back here. And the seats are so roomy."

"I'm a chauffeur normally," the older woman called out to Magne while Spinner cautiously ducked inside the limo to sit next to Big Sis. Kurogiri stepped on the gas pedal with a click of the woman's fingers as soon as he clicked the door shut behind him.

"And who are you?" Spinner asked.

"Names Saki. But you can call me Gramma," Gramma laughed while she guided Kurogiri to keep up with the other racers. "The younger ones always do. Help yourself to some snacks, I made those cookies myself."

"Ooh, chocolate chip!" Magne dug her hands into the jar filled with cookies then her mouth widened at the sight of the different ones inside. "And is this cookie and cream flavored?"

"You're right on target with that one, Missy," Gramma answered with a grin.

Spinner breathed in the scent of the limo's leather when Kurogiri spoke up. "Do you two know where the others might be so I—"

"We," Gramma softly corrected. "You are driving my precious car after all."

Kurogiri cleared his throat, "Do you two know where the other might be so we can retrieve them?"

"I don't know because we split up," Magne answered.

Spinner hummed, "We might be able to find Mr. Compress and Shigaraki since they are heading to the main tower in the center. If you go around there, we could find them easily."

"Any idea how many people we're facing?" Gramma asked while the limo raced past a fleeing crowd. Spinner spies out the window to see Trumpet hanging on to dear life inside the same caged place as the announcer lady is.