Glorified Janitor

Manga Spoilers Ahead!!!!!!
Be warned! I'm warning you! Avoid the sections that talk about the files of certain people to not learn about something in the manga!

*********

As soon as they were choked by black sludge, Midori knew that this experience was not going to be pleasant. And he was proven right when he was purposely left with the doctor while the old man transported the rest of his teammates to a giant in the middle of the woods.

It was bad enough he had no idea where he was. And now he was stuck in an unknown place with the league's doctor who was creepy and was responsible for making the nomus.

He felt like if he made one wrong move, he would black out and be made into Shigaraki's new monstrous nomu. And he was only proven right when everyone else was teleported away while the doctor left him behind on purpose.

He was just lucky that the doctor seemed confused on what to do with him. The doctor seemed like he was going to stuff him into some kind of experiment. But after they analyzed his blood even more, he watched the doctor freeze and sigh heavily.

"All for One would have my head if I even tried. Well, it's not like I had the time to make a new one," The doctor muttered under his breath. Midori watched as the doctor disappeared behind the glowing tubes and reappeared with a broom that he threw directly at him.

"There. You're a useful janitor now. That's simple enough for you to figure out. Now I'm needed elsewhere so I'll be back soon," the doctor said while Midori twirled the broom in his hand. "Do not rummage through any of my belongings or findings. I will find out."

He thought that the doctor actually had a real lair out in the middle of nowhere, but apparently the doctor wasn't as far away from his personal life as he thought. When he heard them open the door leading out of the lair, he could hear people greet the doctor or say something about patients.

The lair of nomus was stationed right underneath an actual hospital. Midori sighed when the doctor was out of sight, "You have to be kidding me..."

And that was how he became the janitor to the league's doctor.

*

A solid week has passed since then. And Midori had already ran through all of the possible exits to find a type of escape route. He checked different air vents only to find them locked. When the lair was dimmed down instead of pitch black of him to clean, he couldn't find a single trap door or disguised exit along the wall or floor. He even got desperate enough to check the tubes containing the nomu.

But the only route that actually would go anywhere was outside the same door that the doctor uses to go into the hospital upstairs. And Midori knew he wouldn't make it far without another doctor or nurse stopping him.

The doctor was 'kind' enough to throw him down whatever food he could find in the cafeteria during the day. The doctor was gone for most of the weekday with his day job then came down at night to do a check over his computer, then went home afterwards.

They left every night to go back to his own house which left Midori behind to sleep on the floor wherever he wanted. The coziest place to sleep was an area near the air vent and the tubes. Since the tubes provided a nice glow despite the weird creatures inside and the cleaned vent provided a good amount of air that cooled him down during the night.

As the days go on, Midori acts like he is supposed to towards the doctor. Acts like the janitor the doctor wanted him to be.

He wiped up the floor, he dusted off the nomu containment tubes, and cleaned the surrounding walls. He was silent, never talking despite the doctor poking fun at his situation whether it be the fact he was quirkless or the job he was doing.