The End is Just the Start

Aizawa watched through the window as a dull, white sheet was pulled over the body of the old man. The old man that was apparently a well-known doctor that was just dropped off at Nighteye's agency with no warning.

A random doctor that was dropped off with files filled with evidence about his connection to human experimentation and vines putting him in the same name as the underground network of villains.

All at once, he and several other pros both underground and limelight were called in to help with the case that seemingly appeared out of nowhere. From what Bubble Girl could say, a teenage boy just dropped him off tied up with several injuries.

They had to treat the doctor before they could try to interrogate. And even then, it wasn't needed much given how much evidence they were given on a silver platter. And investigating the hospital he worked at was even more evidence for them to use since the entire basement was an endless supply of wandering Nomus with no direction.

They took most of them into custody while avoiding the talking ones that were locked up further inside the basement. Those specimens seemed too intelligent for them to disregard, but were too unknown to them for them to act impulsive.

They still needed to know what to do with them.

Aizawa remembered how many times he had to delay watching over Eri to try and interrogate the doctor himself. And yet, here he stands watching his dead body being prepared for the hospital morgue.

He grunted then turned on his heel to leave the sorry sight. Since he was still at the hospital, he could visit Eri once again.

He calmly sidestepped any nurses walking by to make his way to the young girl's room. He peeked in through the door's window to see the white-haired girl watching the clouds move through the glass window of her room.. One of the nurses quietly let him after recognizing his face.

Eri turned her head once the door was open and greeted him quietly. He nodded at her and took a seat by one of the chairs next to her bed. She was still so quiet even after so many visits. The only thing he was asked for was Mirio and for him to find her friend, Zuku.

"Hello, Eri. How are you feeling today?"

"...Good," Eri replied softly. She glanced away from him. "The nurse gave me some apples and peanut butter for a snack."

"That's good. Snacks are good," Aizawa nodded awkwardly thinking back to the fruit pouches he sucked down before he got there. "Did you want to watch any television? There should be some cartoons for you to watch."

Eri didn't stop him from grabbing the remote on her little stand and turning on the television in the corner of her room. It clicked on with the visuals of a bright pink screen with magical girls fighting. He noticed how she flinched at their appearance which made him start flipping through the channels.

The magical girls looked similar to the touts she was bribed with in the past from what Sir Nighteye gathered.

He clicked through the channels until he paused on a news channel that was following a getaway van filled with the league of villains.

"—live video of Traffic Lightship chasing after the league of villains. An insider said this is his third time running into the league and considers them to be his personal rivals. Especially their getaway driver."

"We have an incoming close up shot of the van from a fan's drone," The reporter said before the studio cut to a grainy video of the side of the van. There was a green-haired teenager grinning with his head poking out the driver's side window.

Aizawa was about to turn off the channel at the video of the league. There was no doubt that Eri might have a negative reaction to seeing villains so early after being rescued.