Oneshot: Chasting After a High!

Finding a guy that had a good branch of medication to help with his carsickness was harder than he thought. When most of the dealers heard his request, they always gave him something that was not ideal for the amount of moving around he had to do afterwards.

He couldn't take any drugs that made him so drowsy that he could fall asleep and land right into a hero's handcuffs.

It took a while of experimenting. There were too many drives with Midori that ended with him being a little too sleepy at the end or the medicine did nothing to quell the intensity of Midori's driving.

Like the time Toga wanted to break into the petting zoo to see the fluffy animals the public could touch. Or the time when Spinner pushed for them to break into the movie theater to see a newly released game adaption.

Hell, even when Midori drove Magne to her first date with the food vendor guy, he still drove like someone was chasing after them.

It took a lot of time with the highs and lows until he actually found something that helped take the edge off in a good way.

Nothing he had to swallow or inject. Nothing bad that he was allergic too. And nothing too hard to get his hands on. Which led him to a simple oil that helped reduce his nausea. Well, simple wasn't that right word since he couldn't find the oil just anywhere.

But the bottle was big enough for the price he paid for it. And it was no problem to get since the seller was apparently one of the racers that Midori knew.

"It's the least I could do. Plus, I don't want to clean up after you... again," Midori said when he first presented the contact to Dabi.

Dabi roasted a little of his Midori's jacket for that comment. But he was overall thankful for the help and the guy that sold it to him wasn't that bad. The guy had a giant tattoo that stretched from his back down his arms. He even got a discount because of his connection to Midori.

But that thanks went out the window today since now he was chasing after a van that kept rolling away from him. It wasn't anything fast, he knew how fast Midori could drive, he had the bruises from when he got slammed into the back of the van to prove it. But it was quick enough that he couldn't exactly jump into it without the fear of landing his face straight into the asphalt of the road.

And it was all Shigaraki's fault.

He just had to open his mouth about Midori's speed when he came to pick them up from a heist. The crusty crybaby just had to whine about how he was late or something about how he expected him to be. And that meant their driver was now driving away from the team.

Magne, Toga and Twice could climb in when he was just going two miles per hour. Spinner Mr. Compress got in right as he hit five. Kurogiri warped himself to their safe house location already, leaving Shigaraki behind to learn his lesson. And so here he was with Shigaraki behind him trying to catch up to the van going ten miles per hour.

And Midori was not making it easy on them or Dabi's legs that were beginning to feel like jelly. It might have been the exhaustion, the weight of the goods in his backpack or the edges of the oil affecting his speed.

"Isn't this slow enough for you two?!" Midori called back towards them from the open van doors. Magne and Toga were peeking behind their seats to stare at them. Spinner and Mr. Compress were with Twice nearby the back entrance to catch them if they tried to jump into the van.

Shigaraki complained from behind him, his breathing getting more and more harsh. "No, slow down already!"

He could hear Midori's grin in his cocky words. "Speed up?! Okay!"

"Dammit, Shigaraki." Dabi yelled behind him as the van picked up even more. Or at least he thought he yelled. It's pretty obvious the oil was kicking it around now especially since he was more focused on not tripping on himself right now.

He blinked his eyes again to check and—OH. Yep. Definitely starting to kick in now. Which would be great timing if he was already in the van. But he is CHASING the van! Which is not the ideal situation for his nausea-helping oil to kick in.

He focused his attention on the van, rushing forward to the van while leaving behind Shigaraki. Dabi felt his legs were numb at this point, but he looked like he was getting closer... or that might be because of the oil...

Either way, he pushed himself to the brink to rush after the van and the slightly downward slope street they were going down was helping quite a lot.

"Come on, Dabi!" Twice yelled out to him in encouragement. "Trip!"

"Hurry up! I think the next one is ten!"

Dabi felt his lungs burning just like the back of his legs. At once, he dived right at the edge of the van right in time for Spinner and Twice to catch a hold of the back of his jacket. He felt his shoes scrape against the harsh asphalt before he was actually dragged in much to the short-lived comparison of Shigaraki who's still chasing the van.

His complaints were only short lived because he couldn't breathe that well when running. Midori increased his speed as far as Dabi could tell. Everything now feels like a buzzing feeling and his throat was dry as heck now.

Man, Shigaraki is missing out. This ride feels so much smoother than normal like usually it feels like hang on or else you will die. And now it feels like a warm breath of air like they were driving on a beach somewhere.

"Come on, boss!" Spinner screamed out.

"I can't—"

"You're close enough. Just start reaching out for us!"

The beach ride immediately came to a stop which resulted in a weird mass catapulting over his fallen body. Then he heard a familiar groan that sounded like Shigaraki.

"So, did I go fast enough for you?" Midori asked from the driver seat, glancing back at their places in the back. "I can dump you out so we can test it again!"

Shigaraki's voice sounded far away now. "Midori, I'm sorry for criticizing your driving. Please never do that again."

"Good. Now sit down so I can actually start driving," Midori said, slamming his foot down on the pedal to speed down the street. "Our self proclaimed rival should be heading towards us if the police aren't already."