Chapter 16

Livi was cold with Beccy all day, she knew that she was her best friend and had been for 6 years but she didn't trust her for some reason. All Beccy wanted to do was protect her but Livi didn't want someone to help her, she would deal with this alone. Anyway if Noah got into trouble about it then she would be in so much danger. Who knew what they could do to her.

She had passed Noah a few times in the corridor but she chose just to ignore him. She didn't even look at him. She could feel his glare on her back though, it burnt through her, making her feel ill! By the end of the day she was exhausted, she had a headache and felt sick from worrying. She needed to tell someone else, an adult but she couldn't do it. She was dreading tomorrow morning, would they be standing outside her house again. Who knew what they would do to her this time, they would be even angrier than they were this morning!

When she got home she went straight up to her room, she had been spending most of her time there lately, everything had happened in this room, now it felt as though the air was poisoned with bad memories! She stood in the middle of the room, breathing deeply, she felt funny, dizzy. Today was meant to be one of the best days of her life and it was one of the worst ones. She felt her legs give way and she felt herself hit the floor.

When she opened her eyes again she was in a bright room and she could hear lots of strange sounds. She was lying on a soft bed with white bed covers. She put a hand to her head and she felt a bandage on it.

She tried to sit up but it made her feel dizzy. She heard a voice that she recognised but she couldn't think who it belonged to. A blurry face looked into hers, she blinked and saw that it was her mums and the voice belonged to her too.

"How are you feeling pickle?" She asked softly

"I don't know, what happened?" Livi asked.

"I came home and I saw you lying on the floor unconscious, your head was in a pool of blood and you had hit your head very hard on a chair. You cracked your head open." Her mum said

"Where am I?" She asked

"Your at hospital, I didn't know what to do myself so I rang the ambulance and apparently it was a good thing I did because you were bleeding a lot."

"Will I have to go to school tomorrow?" Livi asked.

"Of course not!" Her mum answered, "You are very ill, your not going to be going to school for a very long time darling, not until your head has healed and that could take a very long time because the chair took a chunk of your head out."

"Eww" Livi managed to mumble before she fell asleep again.