4. Just friends | present | Flashback

Don't be a silent reader please, making sure to vote and comment what ya think:)

Dylan never has had close friends. Many people say having a few close/ best friends are better then a bunch of regular friends. However, Dylan didn't understand. She rather be in a room filled with people she isn't that close with, instead of being in a room with just a few close friends. Maybe thats why she found so much joy in the bar. She was surround by people, some she didnt know, some she knew.

Flashback

Dylan  wrapped her arms around a few of her friends shoulder on both sides of her

"D I don't think this is a good idea" her friend with the name of Annie said in a worried tone as they entered the house. Immediately smelling the sent of weed flow through the house and music and lights blasting and flashing.

"Really? Becuase I think this is the best idea I've had this year!"

"Do you really think we should be at a seniors New Years party?" Annie asked watching Dylan dab up a few senior boys

"Annie?" Dylan brought her to the side with a. Smile "it will be fine, these people are like my family"

She sighed, crossing her arms before smiling at Dylan "your such a bitch"

Present

"I thought we were going to your place?" Javon asked as the bar door swung open, a gust of cold hair passing them

"sup DK" Scott raised his glass of beer up.

Dylans fathers friends made so many nicknames for her, she shouldn't keep up. However, her favorite was DK (Dylan Knutson).

Dylan high-fived Scott as the two teenagers passed through the bar, pushing passed the crowds of adults. She grabbed onto Javons bicep, pulling him with her

"We are" Dylan grinned

"dose being popular... like ever get overwhelming?"

Javon an Dylan laid on her bed next to each other, looking up at the ceiling.

"yeah sometimes"

Dylan looked over at him "how?"

"well meet n greets, a bunch of people don't come to see me. I- I mean they do but not, for me. they come for a photo."

"they dont care about accually meeting you, they just care about...clout.." Dylan trailed off

"exactly, everywhere I look they are holding up a camera infront of my face"

"I wish I could say I understand, but I dont"

"oh you'll understand sooner then later" Javon chuckled "soon people will be in your business and calling you names. Some which are actually kinda funny though"

"what names do people call you?" dylan sat up, leaning against the backboard of her bed, looking down at Javon

"they call me British, and the 6'11 king"

there was a moment of silence before Dylan went into a fit of laughter. He chuckled, seeing Dylan lean her head down, tears of laughter brimming her eyes as her hair covered her face.

"are you serious?" she laughed, flipping her hair behind her

"I wish I wasn't, people wont let it go"

Dylan and javon had finally caught thier breath, staring into each others eyes when javon broke the silence, clearing his throat and sitting up  "I- I better get going"

"I'll see you tomorrow" Dylan slightly frowned but tried forming a smile

"Actually could I get your number?" Javon asked.

They both smiled handing each other their phones and putting thier numbers in.

"Bye D"

Once javon left, redness crept onto her face, hearing the name he called her.

"So who was that boy you came in with?"

Dylan tried ignoring the guys talking as she focused on hitting the solid into the corner pocket

"You guys dating? What's his name?"

Dylan rolled her eyes, standing up and putting her hands on her hips, glaring at the man "why do you care? Besides we are just friends"

Scott laughed, followed by the others "that's what they all say"

Dylan's eyebrows furrowed "what's that suppose to mean?"

"Girls and boys are usually not "just friends" especially teenagers."

"That's not true, and how would you know?" Dylan bent back down, lining the pool stick up.

"Teenage Boys always want something"

Dylan shot the ball aggressively, the ball going into the pocket loudly "says you guys, you guys are so gullible. You don't think I notice the way you look at women when they walk in here?"

The guys looked at eachother awkwardly, taking a sip of the beer

"Thats what I thought, now me and javon are just friends"

"Who's javon?" Her dad came up behind her, grabbing the pool stick out of her hand

"Dad, he's one of my friends on set" Dylan reached for her stick but he held it behind her "now can you give me the stick?"

"I wanna meet this javon you are talking about. You guys dating?"

"No I ba-"

"They walked in the bar today and DK was holding onto his bicep and they went upstairs"

Fucking snitch

Her dad raised his eyebrows "you went...upstairs..?"

"We literally just talked about the scene we did today "

Lie

Dylan rolled her eyes, leaning against the pool table when her dad wouldn't give her the stick

"I still wanna meet him, and go to bed, you have bags under your eyes"

Dylan's mouth hung low, hearing the guys laugh.

"I still won" she mouthed to Scott as she began to walk away.

AHAHAHA 6'11 KINGGGGGG