S1~07: Date Double Face

Flashback:

"So, this is what is happening. In the confusion of the battle, the neighbouring countries are making unsettling movements, so we do not know when an emergency might occur."

"It is as you say." The soldier confirmed.

"Understood."

◇◇◇◇◇

"I am counting on you, Kagekatsu." Kenshin said, staring at his son.

◇◇◇◇◇

With the group...

"Father... please leave it to me!" Kagekatsu looked at his father with determination before he lead the reinforcements to wherever they need to go.

Flashback ended:

The mysterious soldier smirked to himself.

◇◇◇◇◇

Meanwhile...

Runa was fast asleep in Kenshin's room, sleeping peacefully. She didn't know Kenshin left to deal with some trouble outside.

Kenshin saw how peaceful Runa was sleeping so he didn't want to do anything, but let her sleep.

*KA-BOOM!*

"... E... h...?" Runa got woken up by the sudden explosion. She groggily sat up, looking to her right to see no Uesugi commander. "Kenshin...?"

*BANG!*

Runa gripped the blanket when the castle shook. She squirmed to her feet and went to the balcony in Kenshin's room to see a fight happening inside the castle. Shocked at the event, Runa stared down at the scene before her in fear and surprise. She knew an army was lurking around, but doing at night... 

"You intrigue me... and... confuse me... at the same... time..." Runa blurted out.

The battle cries and the fire made a horrifying memory pay in Runa's mind, lapping the past over the present. She snapped out of it, ignoring the tremors of the battle. She was sure Kenshin could handle it. But still, Runa ran back into the room and got dress. She quickly got herself ready, even as putting on suncream to protect her skin.

Runa strapped her bag onto her back, knowing she was about to meet another army. They're likely coming for her and Yuzuki if they'd ambush the castle at night.

"Excuse me."

Runa turned around to face the opened door with a blank look on her face.

A man kneeled before her in front of Kenshin's room.