S1~09: Yakuma Corridor

The moon was shining brightly in the dark sky. Two vampires in the archive of Toyotomi Castle were sitting quietly, reading any documents they have on the Himemiko and the first Gegga Tribes. 

But Hanbee unintentionally fell asleep and soon woke up when he realised he dozed off. His tired eyes scanned the room until he saw his commander surrounded by small towers of books, reading one in his hands seriously.

"I'm sorry, Hideyoshi-sama

"I'm sorry, Hideyoshi-sama." Hanbee apologised, standing up.

Hideyoshi looked at the vampire with a smile. "You woke up at a good time, Hanbee."

What Hideyoshi said made the vampire confused. Hanbee walked over to him, being careful as to not step on the mess they've made.

"The oldest records on the first Gegga Tribes were around the time they appeared in this world with Himemiko." Hideyoshi looked at the book.

"So they... came to this world... from another?" Hanbee wondered.

"From what it says, one of the members have strong, and dangerous powers that they brought Himemiko and the other members to Shinga. But the member disappeared a few months after the war ended." Hideyoshi narrowed his eyes. "What's interesting about the member is that their powers are very similar to Runa's."

Hanbee's eyes widened. "You don't think...?"

"That Runa might know something? Maybe..." Hideyoshi said.

"But how would Runa-chan know what happened to Himemiko-sama, when she barely knew anything about us?" Hanbee questioned. "It was clear when we went to see the Takeda Army off."

"You do have a point..." Hideyoshi sighed.

"Did you find anything on the yakuma?" Hanbee asked, changing the subject.

"Well, the first recorded appearance of the yakuma coincided with the disappearance of Himemiko." Hideyoshi looked at the book again. "The yakuma started appearing in Shinga around the time Himemiko vanished." He explained.

"Does that mean there's some kind of connection between Himemiko-sama and the yakuma?" Hanbee wondered.

"Possibly." Hideyoshi replied.

Then Hanbee gasped in realisation. "Could it be they want Yuzuki-chan because she has the same powerful blood?" He questioned.

"Yes..." Hideyoshi held a serious look in his eyes, seeing the patterns of the increase of the yakuma and the attacks. "The yakuma are after Yuzuki."

◇◇◇◇◇

At Oda forest...

The figure had been killing small amounts of yakuma that tried to attack them. They made sure not to kill all of the beasts before heading back to the castle, or else they're going to miss any important information they might hear.