S2~17: Wishful Dreams

The moon was shining brightly in the dark sky. Two figures in the storage room of Toyotomi Castle were sitting quietly, digging through the old crates around them.

But Hanbee unintentionally fell asleep and soon woke up when he realised he dozed off. His tired eyes scanned the room until he saw the Toyotomi figure reading a book with searched crates around them.

"I'm sorry." Hanbee groggily apologised, standing up.

The figure smiled at the vampire. "I'm not surprised. Recovering from a cold takes time."

What the figure said made the vampire confused. Hanbee walked over to them, being careful as to not step on the mess they've made.

"I'm just reading something that might be useful in the near future." The Toyotomi figure turned looked at the book in their hands.

"Something useful?" Hanbee leaned over their shoulders and read a couple of lines, only to widen his eyes at the contents. "This is...!"

The figure chuckled and closed the book. They faced him and handed Hanbee the book. "Don't tell your commander yet. I'll let you decide when it would be appropriate." They walked passed him but stopped when their shoulders touched. "Oh, and about the yakuma... Do you know what they're made out of?"

"Huh?" Hanbee glanced at them in confusion.

"You know how magical relics can't be magical unless they have some sort of Astral Source such as a vortex bursting with mana?"

"Does that mean there's some kind of connection between Mages and the yakuma instead of the original theory?" Hanbee wondered.

"Who knows~?"

Then Hanbee gasped in realisation. "Could it be these yakuma are not the same yakuma we fought before?" He frantically walked over and stood before the figure. "Have these yakuma been created from an Astral Art?" He asked.

"Yes..." The Toyotomi figure's hidden eyes fixated on the book in the vampire's hand. "These yakuma have been fabricated from the prime yakuma."

◇◇◇◇◇

At Oda forest...

The armoured figure had been killing amounts of yakuma that tried to get to Runa. They made sure not to kill all of the beasts to nor bring up anything suspicious before heading to the town. They sensed another group heading in that direction, and the screams from the townspeople, with smoke coming from the city proved their suspicion. They also knew with this kind of mess, it will raise an alarm, and the news will reach the supreme commander.

◇◇◇◇◇

At Oda Castle...

"What? Yakuma have appeared in the castle town?" Nobunaga questioned Mitsuhide, who informed him the news.

"Yes." Mitsuhide answered. "Nagahide's squadron is currently dealing with them. The yakuma are gradually making their way to the castle from all directions." He reported.

Nobunaga looked at the map of Shinga on his desk.