S2~08: Kidnapped Princess

After learning that it would save her life, Runa decided to gather the Sacred Treasures and awakened them with her mana. But the mana-sucking trombe appeared one after another, turning parts of Sanada territory into a wasteland.

◇◇◇◇◇

"I never imagined a trombe could do this much damage..." Yukimura admitted as he and the others stood at the edge of the crate.

◇◇◇◇◇

As a result, while she successfully restored the land's mana, many trials and tribulations lay ahead for her.

◇◇◇◇◇

The end of autumn. The time when farmers come to sell their harvests in their respected territory. They all went around the castle town and sell as much as they could to earn money and provide for their families.

◇◇◇◇◇

At the same time...

Runa was listening to Hideyoshi's war strategies he wanted her to hear. Apparently, Hanbee blurted out the fact she's an ingenious schemer that could rival up against Masamune, and to test her skills, she was forced to listen to Hideyoshi's three main ideas.

But it was also the fact it was an act of punishment for not bringing Nova like the commander wanted. Hanbee ran off, saying he remembered he had something important to do, Yuzuki got pulled away because she caught a cold because of the lack of clothing she's wearing, which left Runa all by herself to listen through this torture.

"-And that's it." Hideyoshi concluded, finishing up what he came up with. "So? What do you think?"

"W-Well..." Runa wasn't sure if she should say it.

"What? Did my plans shock you that bad?" Hideyoshi teased, placing his fist on his cheek as he placed his elbow on his knee.

"No... It's just..."

"Hanbee said you can be brutally honest. Whatever that means..."

'Oh, okay...' Runa thought, seeing she had received permission. "I don't like... the first one... Too complicated... The second... I'm okay with... and... your third... You... could do better..."

Hideyoshi whistled. "Brutally honest. I like it." He grinned "Okay. Then it's decided." He sat up straight. "I'll tell Mitsunari to proceed with the ambush plan."

Runa nodded. Then she felt a shiver running up her spine when she felt a small breeze blew her neck. "Achoo!' She immediately covered her mouth with her hands.

"You okay?" Hideyoshi asked.

"Y-Yes..." Runa's voice muffled through her hands.

Hideyoshi's eyes trailed over to the opened door, since it felt rather warm in the throne room. "Winter will be here soon." He stated. "For us to have a war in this time of season, it'll be bad if the supplies can't reach the castle because of a blizzard."

"Again... Why do it... in winter...?" Runa asked.

"Because who would see us coming?" Hideyoshi smiled. "A surprise attack in the chilling weather will caught everyone off-guard and with the thick snow, their movements will be limited."