S2~20: Striking Spear

Runa walked closer. "One last thing... Do you know... what to do... when you get there...?" She asked, tilting her head in wonder.

"It's obvious, isn't it?" Hideyoshi ruffled her head. "We'll find the Mouri Army, get Yuzuki, and then defeat the yakuma once and for all."

"Without a... proper plan...?"

"What? It's not like you have a better one."

"No." Twyla's voice came from behind the commander. It wasn't the calm or elegant voice, but more of a sadistically assassin's. "We do have one."

"Huh?" Before Hideyoshi could comprehend anything, his eyes widened in shock when a sharp pain entered his lower abdomen. His head started pounding, his nerves went numb and his voice was stuck in his throat. With effort, he looked down to find a green dagger had punctured his lower abdomen. Blood was seeping through the fabric as a pair of slender pale hands still had a firm grip on the reddish hilt made of wood.

 Blood was seeping through the fabric as a pair of slender pale hands still had a firm grip on the reddish hilt made of wood

Twyla appeared beside her master with an impassive face as her left hand held an identical dagger of the one Runa had used.

When the poisoned dagger was removed, Hideyoshi limblessly collapsed on the snow as well. He wanted to move, but his body felt numb. He wanted to say something, but his mouth refused to form any words.

The others were having similar symptoms; their body and mouths refused to do what they ordered. The best they could get out were painful grunts as they managed to move their eyes to the people that had done this to them.

Staring down at them, Runa had an impassive expression instead of her usual meek one. The look she had on would make anyone think the thing she and Twyla had done just mere seconds ago, would think it was nothing.

 The look she had on would make anyone think the thing she and Twyla had done just mere seconds ago, would think it was nothing

Keeping her face void of emotions, Runa pointed her poisoned dagger at them like they were a threat. "Bye-bye."

◇◇◇◇◇

At the same time...

Shingen collapsed to the floor. His body was paralysed as his eyes were able to see his friends laying motionlessly around him. Everything hurts. His head hurts. His body felt like it had just been stabbed by a thousand thorns. But only one dagger caused all that pain to him and his vassals.