S3~07: Annihilation Sawblades

It was early in the morning. Very early. The sun was still asleep in the mountains as the morning, dark sky gave a gloomy atmosphere around the country. Especially, at Toyotomi Castle. It was a very sad day, being another for the past two weeks.

Rain continued to pour outside the gloomy castle, the sky getting darker by the minute as the little droplets smashed against the surface. It could be heard anywhere, even if the doors and windows were fully closed.

Hanbee woke up from the rhythmic rain. Or rather, he hadn't been able to sleep after what happened two weeks ago. And he had been blaming himself for it. He was the one who pushed Runa over the edge to the point she ran away. Ever since then, Hanbee always wondered if Runa was alright. Was she eating? Was she getting enough rest? Was she taking her medicine?

Of course, with the child's actions, Hanbee had no choice but to tell Hideyoshi. Everyone took the news quite shockingly that Toshiie was about to storm out go look for her, Mitsunari and Kanbee were questioning Runa's actions and motives, Yuzuki was mumbling and rambling to herself, thinking it was all her fault that the child ran away, and Hideyoshi immediately sent out soldiers and spies to search the entire territory for her.

And while all that's going on, Stella took Hanbee away from everyone and asked him if Runa had said anything to him. Sure, Hanbee tried to laugh it off, but the Faery saw straight through him. Whatever Runa said to him had an emotional impact on the vampire.

Hanbee sat up, no longer able to sleep, as his hair dangled on his shoulders with some of his bangs got in his face. He got out of his futon and walked to the door, sliding it open slightly to see the rain and the thick smell of salt in the air.

Hanbee the pulled out his pendant, staring at it with sad eyes before looking up at the dark sky. "Runa-chan, where are you?" He wondered.

◇◇◇◇◇

Somewhere...

In a room with no windows, lies a bedroom with stuffed animals scattered all over the place. No windows could be seen, and the lights were all off. Laying on a comfy bed with no blanket to keep her warm, was a young girl with long raven hair that scattered all over her bed, making her look like a sleeping Goddess with the moon's rays shining over her from somewhere.

◇◇◇◇◇

Later that day...

After everyone ate, they all listened to the report one of the leaded soldiers that came, hoping for any news there were signs of Runa somewhere in the territory.

"I apologise." The soldier in white said. "We have looked every corner of the territory, even expanded into looking at the edge of Oda's territory with the Takeda and Sanada Army into there's, but have found no traces of the girl." He reported.

"I see..." Hideyoshi said, but he was internally frustrated. Two whole weeks and no traces of Runa could be found. 'She's good. She's seriously trying to leave no trace so we can't track her down.' He looked down and clenched his fist. 'But no matter how well you hide, we will find you!' Hideyoshi internally declared.

"Hideyoshi-sama!"

A pair of pounding footsteps came from the hallway and another soldier in white came in, kneeling down before his superiors.

"Kousaka Masanobu-sama is here." The soldier informed.

"Huh?" The news surprised everyone.

They got up and walked over to the entrance of the castle. The rain was still pouring and it was getting heavy as the day goes. Any further, a flood might start. Hanbee was kind enough to put his parasol over Yuzuki so she doesn't catch a cold. Water dripped onto him instead and Yuzuki felt guilty. She wanted to say she's fine, but was unable to when the massive gates opened up, revealing a familiar blonde werewolf.