S3~04: Imprisonment Scythe

Dream:

The sky was dark, gentle with the stars decorating the place as the moon light the way. Upon a mountain, two figures walked up a flight of stone stairs.

"How much further, Papa?" A young Runa asked, wheezing as her strength had been depleted. She'd been walking for 10 minutes and she was already tired.

Runa's father stopped and looked over his shoulders, noticing his daughter's condition. "Ah, I'm sorry, sweetie." He was a couple of steps ahead of her, so he had to descend the stairs to pick her up into his arms. "But we are nearly there." He mentioned.

Runa admired her father's silky white hair before nodding her head joyfully. "I can't wait!" She beamed.

Runa's father chuckled gently at his daughter's curious personality. It was one of the traits why his friends liked to baby her so much. "Then we should hurry." He said, carrying his beloved daughter in his arms, and began to ascend the stairs. "And always remember to let the darkness be your guide."

Dream ended:

*Neigh~!*

The sound of horses and hooves woken the raven-haired beauty up. Her sleepy eyes, that were safely hidden under her black blindfold, blinked a couple of times to drive the sleepiness away. She leaned up from the horse's mane and felt an arm wrapped around her waist.

"Are you awake?" Mitsunari asked, seeing as he was the one to have the girl ride with him.

Runa nodded lightly as she covered her mouth with her hands, muffling her yawn.

It was a little past noon since they left the Toyotomi castle, much less the territory itself. Ever since they found the Shénshòujìng's Amalgam, Hideyoshi wanted to find out more of what its capable of, but Runa continued to refuse to do so. There were some heated arguments between them, but Stella and Hanbee managed to straighten things out before the Shénshòujìng made the girl lose her sanity out of her lack of control over her emotions.

It nearly happened when Yuzuki tried to talk to her. Runa was about to snap if Hanbee hadn't karate chopped her by the neck and left the conversation at that, letting Runa rest for a week when she developed a fever.

During those awkward times, the Toyotomi Army recieved a letter from the Uesugi Army, asking Runa for a favour. At first, they suspected it could be trap to lure Runa over so they could take her away from them. But when Stella recieved a disturbing message from Estelle, she insisted to go to the army, even if it meant she and Runa had to go alone.

Of course, Hideyoshi, being the curious monkey he was, was not having it. He, Mitsunari, Kanbee, along with Yuzuki, tag along since it might be a clue on finding Himemiko, leaving Toshiie and Hanbee to look after the castle during their absence.

"Good, because we're nearly there." Hideyoshi informed, smiling as he saw the Uesugi Army's castle town up ahead. "Hang on tight!" He told the brown-haired girl sitting in front of him as he made the horse gallope faster.