S2~07: Sanada Beauty

Having learned that treating Runa's illness requires ancient relics that's been imbued with unlimited amount of Astral Energy, such as the Sacred Treasures, Yukimura and the rest of the Sanada Army began to gather information more intensely than ever. But while the werewolves are digging through their castle treasury, Runa suddenly began to lose control over her Astral Powers and falls unconscious.

In order to save her before her powers goes berserk, Hanbee drank her blood to relieve the pressure, saving Runa from having a painful death. And while she recuperates, Runa's social circle came in to check up on her and just as they were talking, Yukimura and Nobuyuki came noisily and in a rush.

◇◇◇◇◇

"Haa... haa... so this is where everyone was!" Yukimura exclaimed, placing his hands on his knees as he wheezed between his breaths.

◇◇◇◇◇

What was conveyed from their mouths were unexpected words.

◇◇◇◇◇

"Everyone, it's an emergency. Listen well." Nobuyuki advised. "Just now... a letter from an unknown sender reached us." He announced, and after leaving a small pause, he opened his mouth gravely. "Its contents - is relates to Himemiko-sama."

◇◇◇◇◇

"Its contents - is related to Himemiko-sama." Nobuyuki announced.

"Wha?!" Sasuke choked, shocked that he nearly gouged his eyes out. "What exactly is written?!" He asked.

"To summarise the letter's contents - it said 'We are searching for the Sacred Treasures in order to build a world of peace. We would like the Sacred Treasure possessed by Sanada to be handed over.' And then - it asks us to bring the Sacred Treasure to the northern checkpoint by tomorrow. Otherwise... they will send 10,000 soldiers to Sanada territory. That is what is written." Nobuyuki read out, closing the said letter in his hands.

"Huh?! 10,000?!" Sasuke exclaimed. He felt like his eyes were about to pop off.

"With that sort of force, the sender is... a lord with considerable power, is that it?" Saizou asked.

"Who in the world sent this letter?" Hanbee asked.

"I don't know." Nobuyuki replied. "The sender's name isn't written anywhere."

"I see. Without revealing their identity, they're simply threatening us, hm." Saizou hummed, smugging.

"But by Sacred Treasure, they mean the special tool gifted from Himemiko-sama that we're searching for right now, right?" Kamanosuke boredly asked. "In the first place, we're still in the middle of searching for it, so isn't it unreasonable to tell us to hand it over?"

"Could they be setting up some kind of trap?" Hanbee wondered.

"Hm... it does not seem to be a good idea to present the Sacred Treasure either, but even if we don't find it then the worst will unfold." Nobuyuki analysed, placing a finger on his chin. He held up the letter closer and intently stared at it. "The enemy appears to be rushing our search for the Sacred Treasure and, on top of that..." He looked up. "... wishes to make it their own."