S3~01: Awakening Heartbeat

With eight thousand cries, the lil' cuckoo's bloodred tongue, like a flame singing. The saying has it that the little bird keeps singing even as it coughs up blood. The best friend I had kept singing as well. She kept singing, even as blood spilled from her mouth.

◇◇◇◇◇

At Oda Castle...

"MORE!!!" Toshiie demanded, holding an empty jug that he gulped.

After the prime yakuma had finally been vanquished, Hideyoshi proposed a celebratory banquet at Nobunaga's castle. A new year had fallen upon Shinga, so it was also on a good occasion. All of the warlords and vassals were invited to the feast. They invited the Mouri Army, but they declined the invitation. Even the Sacred Treasures, but the vassals all had to drag them to the castle, but they didn't join since they'd rather keep an eye on Runa, who had unfortunately caught a bad fever.

Katsuie, clearly drunk, smirked and put an arm around the other drunken vampire. "Haha! You really can't hold your alcohol." He chuckled. "Still a brat."

"Shuddap!" Toshiie snapped, but lost his footing when his head began to ache.

Yuzuki, who had been watching, became worried. "Um, Toshiie-san, maybe you should rest." She suggested.

"No way!" The drunken vampire threw the jug over his shoulders, hearing it shatter against the marble floor before picking up another. "I'm fine! Hahaha!"

Yuzuki sweatdropped before looking at the rest of the banquet room. The table was set with lavishing dishes, more than enough for them than expected, as the generals talked amongst one another.

Nobunaga just sat quietly on his chair, having his drink near his lips with his eyes closed as he listened to the conversations around him. Of course, his moment of alone time got invaded by his former monkey.

"Come on, Nobunaga-sama!" Hideyoshi urged, grinning from ear to ear, clearly have drunken a little much, as he held his cup. "Drink more, please!"

"You are the same as usual." Nobunaga muttered without looking at the Toyotomi commander, but his expression was somewhat calm, mixed with amusement.

Shingen chuckled as he poured another round for his rival. "Still the same as ever, Nobunaga." He commented. He set the jug down and gently clicked his cup against Kenshin's.

"But we never change." Kenshin had a small smile on his face.

"Yep."

"You two..." Yukimura laughed before walking over to Masamune, who was leaning against a nearby wall. "Won't you join in or something?" He asked.

Masamune snorted. "As if I wanted to dilly dolly myself around the enemies." He commented.

Yukimura merely shook his head.

Not too far away from them, Yuzuki smiled at how interactive the warlords were. 'It's a really gentle atmosphere...' She thought, seeing how the six interacted. Well, mostly how Hideyoshi was interacting with his former superior. 'I can't believe Hideyoshi-san and the others are having a meal together like this...' Then she glanced around the room to see everyone talking to each other, or at least from where she's standing. 'No, it's not just them...'

Not too far away from the vampire commanders, the youngest vassals were at the buffet table, trying various dishes.

"Although these are Nobunaga-sama's orders, I do not intend to become friendly with traitors." Ranmaru firmly said to Hanbee, Shigezane, and Kamanosuke.