Chapter-12

We all walked to the car and were about to get in when my phone rang. It was Ruby.

O.T.P

"Hey" I answered the call.

"Bella, schedules for tomorrow are all set. Are you arriving late? Should I update it on your computer?" she questioned.

She already did more work for today and making her do mine too was not right. I bit my lip thinking what to do now?

"Ruby, leave them in the office. I am heading back now. You can go home" I spoke.

"Okay" she replied and I cut the call.

"Guys, you go to the restaurant. I have some work to take care of. I will be joining you all in half-an-hour" I said.

"How are you going?" Nico questioned.

"I will grab a taxi" I said looking around for one.

"There is no need for that. James you head to the restaurant. I'll go with Bella" Nico spoke to James.

"Get in the car" Nico spoke walking to driver seat.

"But how will he go?" I asked pointing to James.

"He will grab a taxi" Nico shrugged.

"Jamie, is that okay?" I asked him.

"Oh don't worry, it's alright" James spoke forcing a smile all the while glaring at Nico.

After a good 10 minutes we arrived. I went straight to my office as Nico followed me.

I collected all the papers from cupboards where I told Ruby to put them. As I came back to my table to update them on my computer I saw Nico sitting in my chair with his eyes closed. He looked exhausted and worn out. Not wanting to disturb him, I started doing my work standing still. Suddenly I was pulled into Nico's lap.

"Nico, what are yo—" he cut me off.

"I promise, I won't disturb you. You can do your work but let's just stay like this" he voice was deep and husky.

He back hugged me pulling me more closer to him. He snuggled his face into the crook of my neck and closed his eyes again. His breath was fanning my bare neck, pulling myself together and trying my best not to get distracted I continued my work.

It took me almost half an hour to update everything on my computer. I was so immersed in my work that I didn't realize I was sitting in Nico's lap. His hands hugged my waist tightly as if I would run away if he loosen it.

I slowly turned my head to left side where his chin rested on my shoulder blade. He is sleeping so peacefully with a pout, it brought a smile to my face. Some strands of hair were falling on his eyes. I lifted my hand slowly and reached for his forehead to move the strands but unfortunately he stirred and opened his eyes.

"Have you finished your work?" he talked in his sleepy voice.

"Mmm" I hummed responding.

"Let's go then" he released his grip to rubbed his eyes. I stood up immediately.

He raised himself on his foot but fell back into the chair the next moment.

"What happened?" I asked worried.

"My legs are numb, I guess" he said massaging them.

"You gained quite weight Bella" he said grinning.

"Shut up" I said slapping his arm playfully.

At last we reached Olivia's restaurant. There are no customers, maybe Olivia vacated the place. As we walked to the table I saw Ashton, James, Olivia and a short red-haired girl and I already know who it might be.