Chapter-19

Isabella P.O.V

I wanted to make some 'Chicken Curry' for dinner, cause it is Nico's favourite and the only dish I can cook the best. I learnt it from my mom. After buying all the necessary ingredients for it, I headed back.

I reached Nico's apartment and was about to ring the doorbell but noticed that the door was open. Is it James? Did he came for a visit? I pushed the door further and entered into the house.

I found some black heels at the entrance. Whose heels are these? I looked around the living room but I found no one. So, I thought to place the groceries in the kitchen first.

I was about to enter the kitchen but the scene unfolding in-front me made me stop in my tracks. A girl was back hugging Nico, their both backs facing me. The back of the girl felt similar. I lost my grip on the plastic bag and it fell to the floor making a thud sound which made their both heads to snap towards me.

Nico's eyes grew wide as soon as he saw me, I looked over to the girl and realised that she was Emma, the one whom I met in Charles Anderson's concert. What is she doing here? Are they together? Nico unwrapped Emma's hands and walked towards me.

"Bella, it's not what you think" Nico spoke hurriedly. Emma was unable to hear what we were talking so she walked to us.

"Hi Isabella, what are you doing here? Emma asked.

"Do you have plans?" She asked turning towards Nico.

"Yes" "No" Nico and I said in unison.

"Is it a 'yes' or 'no'?" she asked confused. Nico was about to answer but I cut him off.

"No Emma. Nico asked me for the vegetables so, I dropped by to deliver them" I said collecting the plastic bag from the floor.

"Here" I handed it to Nico.

"I'll get going now" I said.

"Bella, wait" Nico called out but I ignored him and walked out.

Author P.O.V

Nicolas was about to go after Isabella but Emma stopped him.

"Now that the vegetables are here, how about preparing dinner together?" Emma hooked her hand in his.

"Stop touching me Emma" Nicolas yanked her hand away.

"What happened Nico?" Emma hooked her arm again.

"I said stop touching me!!" he shouted yanking her hand once again.

Emma fell in love with Nicolas on their first meet, which was for a concert in abroad. Emma runs a company which hosts concerts abroad. She was head over heels for Nicolas and wanted to make him hers at all costs.

So, she first became close with Charles as he is the only friend Nicolas had in abroad. She thought being close to Charles can make Nicolas fall for her, but Charles was the one who fell for her not Nicolas. She became well aware of Charles feelings towards her and it made her plan easy. Everytime she used Charles as a pawn to hang out with Nicolas. But poor Charles was unable to find out her ulterior motives.

Emma tried pursuing Nicolas in every dirtiest way possible. But Nicolas who had only Isabella in his unwavered heart didn't pay any attention towards her. When Nicolas found out about Charles feelings towards Emma and Emma's feelings towards him, he started distancing himself from Emma which made her anxious. That was a very fu*ked up love triangle.

"Nico, stop pushing me away. You know I like you" Tears filled up in Emma's eyes.

"That's the exact reason why I am pushing you away. I only saw you as a friend, Emma. I don't like you" Nico spoke in his cold voice.