Chapter-16

Isabella P.O.V

I was at my desk finishing the piled-up work from yesterday. Just then Nico entered with James.

"Good morning" James greeted.

I looked up to greet him back but caught him staring at something with sparkles in his eyes, I followed his gaze and he was looking at Ruby.

Yes! Ruby! My colleague!

And guess what Ruby was staring at him too with the same look that James had. Something is fishy and I need to find out!

"Shall we get going?" Nico disturbed their staring contest.

At the filming site

"Good morning, Mr.Jones" I greeted the director.

"Morning, Isabella" He greeted back.

"I am sorry about yesterday. Mr.Martin never wanted to miss the schedule but there was an emergency" I used my apology tone.

"I sincerely apologize Mr.Jones" Nico, who was standing with me apologised.

"It's alright Nicolas. But in future inform things like these beforehand" he said.

"As a token of apology today's lunch will be on us" I announced.

"There is no need for that, Isabella but we will accept as you are insisting" he smiled.

"Thankyou, Mr.Jones" with that he walked away.

"Didn't you tell me we are only apologizing, what's with the lunch?" Nico asked once we were alone.

"I thought it would sound sincere with a treat" I explained.

"James, come here" I ushered James who was a bit far from us talking to staff. He jogged to us.

"You have to take care of today's lunch" I spoke to James.

"Me? Why?" He asked.

"Cause, he is sponsoring it" I said pointing to Nico.

"And as his manager I think you have to handle the payment" I continued.

"What? I am paying?" Nico asked confused and I hummed in response.

"But the idea was yours" he retorted.

"And the apology was yours" I shrugged.

"Also, as you already know I am only an employee, whereas you are my boss. How can I afford it?" I battled my eyelids teasing him.

"You never miss a chance to get back at me, do you?" Nico huffed.

"That's like my girl" James raised his hand asking for a high-five and I clapped his hand.

"Enough with this. Tell me, what is going on with you and Ruby?" I asked James, referring to the staring contest from the morning.

"What are you talking?" James was flustered by my question.

"Stop acting idiot. I saw everything in the office, both of your stares" I said smirking.

"Bella, there is nothing like you think" he refused.

"Come on, spill the tea" I warned.

"There is nothing much. Yesterday when you both left, the fans returned, they seemed angry about the false info and were looking for me. To hide from them I banged on the nearest door and it turned out to be Ruby's house."

"I explained my situation and she immediately let me in. It was awkward for a while but soon we started to talk to each other and ended up knowing each other. While leaving I invited her for dinner today and she accepted" he was giggling all the while explaining about their encounter.