Chapter-26

Nicolas P.O.V

"I think it was not an accident, father" I started.

"Someone did it intentionally".

"What made you think it was intentional?" Father crocked a brow.

"On the day of accident, I was wandering in my thoughts so I didn't see the car coming at me but what about the car driver? He had a chance of turning the car in other direction,right?" I explained.

"What if the car driver was also in his thoughts? I mean that can be possible too, right?" Father asked.

"Ok. For suppose the car driver didn't see me coming too and even if he did let's assume his brakes failed like mine. At that time, I was panicking about the situation and tried honking at him hoping he would be alerted by the situation but on the other side I couldn't hear any honking from him like, he seemed relaxed, like he was expecting it. I couldn't even see his car wiggle to right or left. It was like...he was aiming at me....to kill me" I concluded.

"I think it was way too far to be a coincidence, Father" I added.

He seemed to be in deep thoughts.

"By the way, did the driver get caught?" I asked.

"No, we are still searching for him. It's a hit and run case so, it takes time" Father sighed and I nodded.

"It can't be Robert, can he?" I asked with a glint of fear.

"Not a single chance. He is in police custody. I'll find out what exactly happened so, don't stress yourself over it, okay?" he assured me and I gave him a smile.

"Father..." I called out and he hummed looking at me.

"I don't want Mother and Bella to find out about this" I proposed.

"Me too" he nodded.

One Week later

Isabella P.O.V

It's been a week of Nico staying at hospital for his recovery. I am glad he was recovering fast. The work at office had been hectic. Entertainment industry got stirred up after the news of Nico's accident broke out. Not gonna lie, handling everything of it was a handful job. Worst part was I myself volunteered in doing it so, I have no right to whine about it.

I worked overtime to clear the mess. Every day when I leave work, I used to drop by the hospital to check on Nico and to my luck he was always asleep when I visited him. I guess it was all the medicine doing. I still need the courage to face him. All these years I blamed him for my pain when he was experiencing it thousand times more than me. He needs rest now, I can't show up infront of him and mess his mind.

"Bella" Ruby called out breaking my thoughts.

I looked up at her.

"Here are the schedules for tomorrow" she said handing me a file.

I started uploading them on my computer when Ruby's phone rang. The grin on her face tells that the caller is James.

O.T.P

"Hey babe"

"Yes. We are almost done"

"Bye-bye" she cut the call.

"Stop grinning for god's sake" I rolled my eyes at her.

"Stop being jealous for god's sake" she mocked.

"Jealous? Of what? Your cringey love?" I scoffed.

"Our love is not cringey" she whined making me laugh.