Chapter-35

Two days later

Author P.O.V

"Something isn't right" Henry slammed his fists on the table in his cabin.

"Everything leads to a dead end!" he yelled in frustration making Nicolas and Richard flinch.

After the day when they found Isabella's neck chain which was obviously a fail. Nicolas straight-up suspected Emma. So, he decided that Emma should not get any wing of their next steps.

Henry and his team along with Nicolas performed two more secret operations in two different places only to find Isabella's accessories. Even after taking such measures their next two so-called secret operations failed.

Every time when they found something related to Isabella, all they could think was 'We are getting closer' but only if they knew those accessories were anything but their leads.

All of this no longer looked like a serious kidnapping case of police searching day and night for a culprit but a foolish game of hide-and-seek where a thief gets to know the progress of others who are searching for him with the help of a third person on the team so, that the thief can never get caught.

"Sir, a package was delivered to you!" one of the officer informed walking into the cabin.

"Package?" Henry asked to which his subordinate nodded.

"Bring it!".

He brought in a brown colour box and placed it on the table. Henry started unwrapping it. When he opened the box, he found a yellow colour sticky note with a ring.

"That is Isabella's" Nicolas recognised.

Henry placed the ring aside and started reading the note.

"F*cking hell!!!" Henry shouted compressing the note.

"What is it, father?" Nicolas quickly picked up the note which was thrown on the floor.

'Add this to your collection!' ~ The note read.

"So, all those accessories were not our leads!" Nicolas eyes widened.

"No, they are his freaking traps! He made us play according to his will." Henry shouted.

"But..But how?" Nicolas spelled.

"Someone from our side is helping him! A f*cking mole!" Henry shouted throwing all the papers on the ground in anger.

"Mole?" Richard asked.

"Sir, that is impossible. All our information was highly confidential. Even the people who joined us for the operation knew about it in the very last minute" Richard disagreed.

"I think I know who it can be cause she is the only one who can possibly know about all our moves except Ashton and James" Nicolas proposed.

Henry and Richard snapped their heads towards him.

Nicolas explained about how he joined hands with Emma with help of Ashton.

"It's true that I shared the information about our first operation but the minute it failed I made sure that she didn't get anything from us" Nicolas explained.

"So, I doubt it's her" he ended.

"We don't know until we try. Let's go ahead with a plan" Henry said.

In the evening

Ashton was ready to leave his office when his phone buzzed in his pocket. Seeing the caller-ID he picked it up quickly.

"Yes, Nico" he answered.

"Let's meet at the restaurant. I got something to share" Nicolas declared.

"What is it?" Ashton asked quickly.