Chapter-40

Author P.O.V

The car halted infront of the hospital. Nicolas rushed inside carrying Isabella in his arms. The hospital staff quickly realised the emergency situation and alerted the respective doctors. Soon an empty bed was brought and Nicolas laid Isabella on it which was further pushed into the 'intensive care unit'.

After not too long, Henry arrived at the hospital. Reaching the emergency room, he saw Nicolas who sat on the floor hugging his knees with blood on his clothes and hands. Henry slowly approached him. Nicolas looked up noticing his presence.

"Father, they took her in" Nicolas sobbed. Henry nodded hugging Nicolas.

It's already past ten minutes but they don't have any idea what's happening inside. For the first time in his life, Henry was scared.

Scared of losing his one and only daughter, his one and only happiness. Isabella is the most precious being to him from day one. When she was born, he owed to himself to protect Isabella with everything he got.

He made a promise to his wife that his profession will never be a threat to Isabella. Now that promise was broken!

He can no longer hide this from his wife. He immediately dialed her number. After a few rings she picked up.

"Hello?" Sophia- Henry's wife and Isabella's mother answered.

"H-Honey..." Henry tried not to sob but then failed completely. His wife was quick to grasp the situation.

"Henry, are you crying?" she asked hurriedly.

"S-She is lying on the hospital bed" Henry cried.

"Who?" she questioned.

"I-Isabella" Henry finally revealed.

"Which hospital?" she inquired.

Within no time Sophia reached the hospital and saw a devastated Henry sitting beside Nicolas.

She walked towards them and asked "What h-happened?".

Henry and Nicolas quickly snapped their heads hearing her voice.

"Mother!" Nicolas called out.

"H-Honey, I am s-sorry for not protecting her" Henry stuttered.

Just then the door to the emergency room opened and a doctor walked out. The three of them paced towards him.

"What is your relationship with the patient?" the doctor asked.

"I am her Father" Henry answered.

"She was stabbed on her back very close to the spine. So, we need to perform a surgery to see whether the glass piece touched the spinal cord or not. Let's pray that it did not but if it did, I am sorry but she won't be able to walk again in her life" the doctor sighed.

"She lost a lot of blood and her blood group is presently not available at our hospital. So, try to find the donor as soon as possible" the doctor explained.

"She shares the same blood group as mine" Sophia came forward.

Sophia walked out of the room after giving away the amount of blood required. Henry helped her to sit in the chairs which are arranged outside the Emergency room. The doctors and nurses proceeded inside the operation room all prepared.

"What actually happened?" Sophia asked with tears rolling down her cheeks.

Henry and Nicolas started explaining.

"I am sorry that I kept this from you but—" Henry got cut off.

"But what? How could you hide the fact that our daughter was missing from the past few days" Sophia shouted in anger.